PDA

View Full Version : Nokon and Campy 11s

firerescuefin
04-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Anyone running it.....reading different things about compatibility....where's Pez when you need him :help:

leooooo
04-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Nokon works with 11. Used it prior to Campy introducing colored cables.

oldpotatoe
04-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Anyone running it.....reading different things about compatibility....where's Pez when you need him :help:

One of the issues is making sure that a piece of 4mm housing is used to be inserted into the lever for the der cables. It should work, not sure it is worth the $ tho, comes in pretty colors.

AngryScientist
04-05-2012, 07:27 AM
One of the issues is making sure that a piece of 4mm housing is used to be inserted into the lever for the der cables. It should work, not sure it is worth the $ tho, comes in pretty colors.

can you explain that, what do you mean by "a piece"? are you saying that you would just insert a short length of 4mm housing into the shifter body, then continue with the Nokon stuff butted against it?

oldpotatoe
04-05-2012, 07:33 AM
can you explain that, what do you mean by "a piece"? are you saying that you would just insert a short length of 4mm housing into the shifter body, then continue with the Nokon stuff butted against it?

Nokon housing won't fit into the 11s(any 2009+) ERGO lever 'hole' for the housing. No ferrules there so you would need a small section of 4mm standard housing to go into the lever, then the rest Nokon.

firerescuefin
04-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Nokon housing won't fit into the 11s(any 2009+) ERGO lever 'hole' for the housing. No ferrules there so you would need a small section of 4mm standard housing to go into the lever, then the rest Nokon.

Thanks Peter. I really like the feel (especially for the brakes) of the compressionless housing...amusingly enough, I'll be using black Nokon.

fatallightning
04-05-2012, 09:44 AM
I believe you also need to open up the ferrule a little bit on the RD.

yakstone
04-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Why go to all that trouble?

Charles M
04-05-2012, 01:14 PM
I believe you can run links right into the back of the rear DER...

Snip the ends off the lead cables to fit the shifters...

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/tech/colnago/epscable.jpg

Run everything else as normal.

firerescuefin
04-05-2012, 01:31 PM
I believe you can run links right into the back of the rear DER...

Snip the ends off the lead cables to fit the shifters...

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/tech/colnago/epscable.jpg

Run everything else as normal.

Thanks Charles :)

Charles M
04-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Hey, also make sure you get the end cut nice and even so it sits flush too. Taking the time to put in compressionless housing would suck if there was compression right at the lever (said from experience...)

jds108
04-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Hey, also make sure you get the end cut nice and even so it sits flush too. Taking the time to put in compressionless housing would suck if there was compression right at the lever (said from experience...)

To add to that - the inner housing shouldn't stick out at all. If you're not getting them flush with each other, it's OK to have the liner a tiny bit (I shoot for 1 or 2mm) shorter than the outer. Things can settle just a tiny bit in the first use or two. That can cause that liner to move a mm or 2.

Charles M
04-05-2012, 08:39 PM
At the shifters yeah, but the inner lining is absolutely fine to be extending past most ends... It's more effective at keeping dirt out that way and fits through the end caps that come with the kit and insert into most hard points.