PDA

View Full Version : Where's my frame ?

geoatl
02-19-2004, 07:50 AM
I know I still have a few weeks before my CDA is ready (First time build up!) but I was looking at the Seven web site last night and saw an option called "Where's my frame" in which you could go online and find out what stage of the mfg process your frame was in. Does Serotta have anything like that that I am not seeing on their site? Not that it makes a difference (its ready when its ready) it would just be one more fun work avoidance / new bike dreaming activity I could participate in.

60 and sunny in Atlanta today, looks like I might be doing some bigtime work avoidance this afternoon !

Dude
02-19-2004, 08:38 AM
Talk to your shop and see if they have any information for you. If they don't, they can call Serotta and get it for you.

DonG
02-19-2004, 09:01 PM
By all means call your shop. They have access to a dealers website where they can find out the status of each of the frames they have on order (tube mitering, welding/brazing, braze ons, final machining, sand blasting, etc. That's how I was able to track my frame. When it was first put into production they posted an estimated delivery date and only missed it by one day.

If your shop says they don't have access then I would call Serotta and find out why because it's there.

Trust me it will be worth the wait.

Don

Kevin
02-20-2004, 06:09 AM
With my first frame I e-mailed Serotta weekly and they told me what stage it was at in production. But it was almost like watching water boil. It seemed to last forever. I am currently waiting for my third frame and have not called once. I think it is easier just forgeting about it. My current philosphy is that when it gets here it gets here. With that said I will probably break down and e-mail them in a couple of weeks to find the status.

Kevin

Smiley
02-20-2004, 06:15 AM
Your dealer has acess thru the serotta dealer website that tracks frames and other dealer related issues. Like a fine wine let it age, and best of luck.

Tom
02-20-2004, 07:22 AM
It's the average number of "Where is it" and "Black tape, no - yellow tape, no - maybe green tape" calls people make. If you haven't made any yet, you better get cracking!

steelisreal
02-20-2004, 08:20 AM
Your dealer can give you Serottas phone number. In my experience, if you ask for Carol in production you will get a straightforward answer. Oh yeah, it will be worth the wait.

geoatl
02-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Thanks, I know my dealer can get to the info if I ask him. I was just looking for a possible way to track it on line every minute of the day (kidding). I've done pretty good at just putting it out of my mind (for the first 4 weeks) but a little warm weather yesterday and now I'm sort of developing a nervous tick as the anticipation builds. As I'm building the frame piece by piece my new DA 10 gruppo was delivered while I was out ridding yesterday and so now I just about can't take it anymore....wooohooo,who ever knew spending this much coin could be so much fun.....I can't wait to roll out that first day and feel the fruits of my labor.

jrm
02-20-2004, 07:06 PM
Hey Geo who did your fitting?

BumbleBeeDave
02-20-2004, 09:09 PM
I only live down the street from the factory. Say ‘da woid and I will go lean on them for you!

BB”Guido”Dave

Kevin
02-21-2004, 05:40 AM
Guido Dave,

I am having a hard time reconciling your new Guido moniker and your Brooklynese spelling of words, with your posting on proper leg shaving methods. I keep trying to picture Sammy the Bull, or Vinny the Chin, or even Tony Soprano roughing someone up with clean shaven legs. The only person with clean shaven legs that I was able to picture roughing someone up was Ru Paul. Which leads me to this question, when you go over to lean on Ben are you going to be wearing a yellow evening gown with black stilletos? I assume that you color coordinate with the Queen Bee. Which leads me to another question, why do you call it the Queen Bee?

Regardless of what you decide to wear, when you go over to lean on Ben for Geo, lean on him for me. He owes me a CSi. He told me that it would take 8 weeks, I am hoping that you can make him see the error of his ways and produce the bike in two weeks.

Kevin

geoatl
02-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Replying to JRM - Eric @ Bicycle link did my fitting. Really nice guy who did a fine job of planting the Serotta seed in my mind. 2 weeks later I pulled the trigger and did the fitting, since then I have been aquiring all the pieces I want to put on the frame ....nothing left to do now but smile,smile smile and wait wait wait then ride ride ride....do you live in the ATL ?

B.B.D. As far as leaning on Ben for me, best not , I don't know him but I sure do like him. Heck I expect I'll be spending many many many happy hours with his name (decal) plastered right below my butt. Might as well be nice to someone who I'm gonna have that kind of relationship with ehh ;-)

If however your roaming around in the factory its worth a few tall cold ones if you happened to slide my frame up to the front of the paint shop rack.

I'll post pictures in midmarch of my Saphire blue,quicksilver bands and white panel - Indy scheme -CDA when its all said and done. Gotta ride the boys are at the top of the driveway and ready to roll...

jrm
02-21-2004, 03:50 PM
Hey geo eric did my fitting also. I live in Paulding county and normally ride the silver comet and some shop rides in the area.
I was thinking of the saphire blue but decided to go with cobalt. Very nice colors either way. See ya John.:banana:

geoatl
02-21-2004, 05:13 PM
John - I live in Roswell and ride mostly around the hills near the river and down to Colums Drive area we also ride up into Forsyth quite a bit. Never rode the silver comet but I know it is supposed to be a great place.

I think Eric is not working that much at the shop any more. If I am not mistaken he was the owner of the shop and recently sold out. I could be wrong but thats what I was told. Take care