PDA

View Full Version : My new group arrived !! help me Spock

UKBROOKLYN
04-04-2012, 10:34 AM
So I called in my order last Thursday to Shinybikes UK and it arrived today !! Yes I know.. 4 working days..

Anyhoo.. some questions..

When assembling the Cassette.. any Lube grease or Anti Seize on the hub body ??

same stuff on brake bolts.. fork steerer.. bottom bracket cups... seat post ??

Would like to hear from you pro builders out there about good assembly compounds.. The frame is Titanium..

Any other building tips.. and reply quickly guys.. its almost the weekend and The Wiz wants to ride...

Black Dog
04-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Anything metallic touching Ti should be well coated in anti seize including Ti parts. Grease on the cassette body. Carbon prep paste on any carbon to carbon or carbon to metal contact..no grease!!!

bikerboy337
04-04-2012, 11:31 AM
i apply grease liberally on all bearings, ie. headset and BB... i also grease all my bolts (ie. stem, seatpost, etc)....

+1 on the anit-seize on the seatpost in the Ti frame... i had a thomson post get stuck decently on a steel frame... learned my lesson...

leooooo
04-04-2012, 11:50 AM
I kinda over grease then clean up after build.

harryblack
04-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Exactly. Grease is cheap, can't hurt.

I kinda over grease then clean up after build.

Bob Loblaw
04-04-2012, 12:09 PM
+1 on Ti-specific anti-seize all over the place. BB cups, cable guides if you bolt them on the downtube shifter bosses, water bottle cage bolts, brakes, head tube before installing headset cups, seatpost. Although immune to atmospheric corrosion, Ti corrodes galvanically like a mofo. Not a bad idea to disassemble and reapply every few years, either.

BL