PDA

View Full Version : Saddle Q: Like a Phenom but more Padding?

Hawker
04-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Just got back from my first ride on a Specialized Phenom that I bought from another forum member. The Phenom is essentially a Toupe with more padding.

Interestingly, my butt seemed to like it. However, at 130lbs I don't have a lot back there and feel I could use just a bit more padding for longer rides.

So, does anyone know of a similar shaped saddle that has just a bit more padding? I tried a Flight recently and that didn't work at all. The Toupe and the Phenom appear to be a bit flatter.

Thanks.

dave thompson
04-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Romin?

Hawker
04-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Thanks Dave, that might be the ticket.

mandasol
04-06-2012, 03:28 PM
I think the Romin is going to be really comparable to the Phenom as far as padding, though the shape is slightly more curved. If you liked the semi-curved/semi-flat shape of the Phenom try the Henge. I use it on my MTB and I'm very happy with it - and I tend to prefer semi-flat/curved saddles like the SLR and Toupe for road. I have a model called the Henge SL which is now discontinued that's pretty light and has plenty of padding in the right places. I tried it once on my road bike and it was nice, but I like a stiffer saddle and less padding on my road bike so I just use on my MTB.

keevon
04-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Look at the Prologo Scratch.

I previously rode Phenoms exclusively. Then I tried a Scratch, and it was all over.

Hawker
04-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Thanks guys, you've given me some things to check out.

I sure hope I don't have to add significantly to the line-up of saddles I already own to find the one that really disappears beneath me. Or is that a bit like finding the Loch Ness Monster?

azrider
04-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Look at the Prologo Scratch.

I previously rode Phenoms exclusively. Then I tried a Scratch, and it was all over.

This.

I too was a phenom/toupe guy and when my new bike came with a Prologo I thought i'd give it a shot. 1000 miles in and I'm not looking back.

I always felt like the Toupe would give me some pain in the sit bones area for hours after a long ride. With the Proglogo I'm not having that issue. Check it out.