PDA

View Full Version : Shimano 10-Speed Cassette on Mavic Cosmic Elite Hub - What Spacers?

tlarwa
04-02-2012, 03:32 PM
I've got an older set of Mavic Cosmic Elite wheels (probably 2000-era or so) that I'm having a cassette issue with. I've always used these with a 9-speed cassette, with no problems. I just moved to Shimano 10-speed, and I can't seem to find the correct spacers to get the cassette to tighten down properly. I get a "wobble". Can anyone tell me what thickness spacers I need to use? For the record, I think it's a CS-6600 cassette, not that it should matter (I wouldn't think).

Thanks!

Tom

aaronf
04-02-2012, 08:23 PM
At 2000 you are right around the switch by Mavic to their FTS-L freehub.
If your hub has the older FTS freehub, you should only need the 1.0mm spacer that comes with the 10sp cassette.
If your hub has the second generation FTS-L freehub, you will also need the 1.75mm spacer that came with the hub from Mavic, for a total of 2.75mm. Mavic spacer on first then Shimano spacer, then cassette.
You would have needed the 1.75mm spacer for your previous 9sp cassette, so be sure it didn't stay stuck to the 9sp cassette when you removed it.
Aaron