PDA

View Full Version : George wins again!

93legendti
08-28-2005, 11:47 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005/aug05/GPplouay05/?id=results/GPplouay052

Congrats George! There was a pretty good field there...Ullrich, Di Luca, Rebellin, Voigt, Vinokourov, etc.

shinomaster
08-29-2005, 12:23 AM
thanks for the link. Too bad they booed him. :argue:

george
08-29-2005, 01:38 AM
George is a stud, after Lance he is the man on the team, gotta love him for who he is and what he has done... P.S. it is too bad that they boooed him...

jeffg
08-29-2005, 03:15 AM
can't spoil the victory for George. I predict a Frenchman never wins the TdF again unless they ban all foreign competition ...

Climb01742
08-29-2005, 05:02 AM
if the french fans are going to boo anyone, boo the french riders. every other nation seems capable of producing winning riders. and to boo george of all people stinks.

dirtdigger88
08-29-2005, 06:58 AM
booing is the french way of clapping- it takes less brain cells- so it is easier for them to grasp

Jason

Spicoli
08-29-2005, 08:08 AM
Way to go big man, He's killin it! They say the French like second place finishers better than first, but at the rate French cycling is suking they are going to praise thirty first place. Yeah! he is the thirty guy to lose, "but he struggled so hard". Lets invade France on the grounds of being rude and re-name things like Mont vont Lance and champs elle George, Pladda de Horner, Tour de USA 2. :bike: :butt:

PS does anyone else want to give Georges wife a very long awkward HUGG! :banana:

93legendti
08-29-2005, 08:10 AM
Way to go big man, He's killin it! They say the French like second place finishers better than first, but at the rate French cycling is suking they are going to praise thirty first place. Yeah! he is the thirty guy to lose, "but he struggled so hard". Lets invade France on the grounds of being rude and re-name things like Mont vont Lance and champs elle George, Pladda de Horner, Tour de USA 2. :bike: :butt:

PS does anyone else want to give Georges wife a very long awkward HUGG! :banana:

And they loved Richard V. AFTER he admitted to doping. Go figure.

PBWrench
08-29-2005, 10:26 AM
I see Ekimov raced but DNF. Any reports on his health?

Fixed
08-29-2005, 10:32 AM
And they loved Richard V. AFTER he admitted to doping. Go figure.
I can't understand a lot of things but I sure can't understand that.Cheers :bike:

Ray
08-29-2005, 12:06 PM
I can't understand a lot of things but I sure can't understand that.Cheers :bike:
If Lance is proven to have doped beyond a shadow of a doubt, I'm sure there would be some drop off in how popular he is in the States, but I'll bet it wouldn't be that much. He'd still be loved and seen as a hero for what he's done and what he's overcome. Different only in degree.

-Ray

ClutchCargo
08-29-2005, 03:22 PM
booing is the french way of clapping- it takes less brain cells- so it is easier for them to grasp

Jason

displaced Philadelphians. booing George? shame on them; that's on par with hurling snowballs at Santa Claus. :fight:

Fixed
08-29-2005, 03:38 PM
If Lance is proven to have doped beyond a shadow of a doubt, I'm sure there would be some drop off in how popular he is in the States, but I'll bet it wouldn't be that much. He'd still be loved and seen as a hero for what he's done and what he's overcome. Different only in degree.

-Ray
Good point Agreed ,Thanks Cheers

William
08-30-2005, 06:02 AM
They say the French like second place finishers better than first....

Well, since second place just means you are the first loser, then it's pretty much par for the French cycling course. ;)

William

93legendti
08-30-2005, 01:44 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/aug05/GPplouay05/index.php?id=image016

Fixed
08-30-2005, 01:54 PM
Bro am I wrong to think this guy can do it all T.T. climb and sprint he is something.

Argos
08-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Fixed,
I grew up in NY getting my butt handed to me on a weekly basis. Yet he was always nice and gracious. When we were teens we both went to the Nat's and he and his dad invited me to join them for breakfast 'cause they new my folks couldn't come so I was out there alone (not bad for 16, party in San Diego!)
I'd love nothing more then to see him bloom in the next few years.
I think if he were to be a protected rider, and had Lance yelling in his ear all winter, then maybe a Tour de Catalunya. Not sure about the TDF. I'd love to see him try it. He was so strong this year, even after a Fall campaign...
I think if he was on the Lance Performance Plan (no, I don't mean juice) he could be a contender...
That said, God I'd love to see Ullrich go to Disco for his last few years for the same reasons! Never happen though.
Oh well.

93legendti
08-30-2005, 02:12 PM
Fixed,
I grew up in NY getting my butt handed to me on a weekly basis. Yet he was always nice and gracious. When we were teens we both went to the Nat's and he and his dad invited me to join them for breakfast 'cause they new my folks couldn't come so I was out there alone (not bad for 16, party in San Diego!)
I'd love nothing more then to see him bloom in the next few years.
I think if he were to be a protected rider, and had Lance yelling in his ear all winter, then maybe a Tour de Catalunya. Not sure about the TDF. I'd love to see him try it. He was so strong this year, even after a Fall campaign...
I think if he was on the Lance Performance Plan (no, I don't mean juice) he could be a contender...
That said, God I'd love to see Ullrich go to Disco for his last few years for the same reasons! Never happen though.
Oh well.

GH is a stud. I think he has the same coach as Lance did.

inGobwetrust
08-30-2005, 11:22 PM
"PS does anyone else want to give Georges wife a very long awkward HUGG! "

Who is George's wife?

93legendti
08-30-2005, 11:25 PM
A former podium "girl", and mother of his baby.

Big Dan
09-01-2005, 10:00 AM
Apparently Georgie got some good juice that morning....

sweet........................ :bike: