PDA

View Full Version : Spacers?

H.Frank Beshear
08-28-2005, 10:04 PM
I started the year with almost 3 cm of spacers and a 110 +6* stem. Through a steady course of pilates, active isolated stretching, and deep tissue massage, I have gained more flexibilty. Currently I have 2 cm of spacers under the stem and a 120 -10*s stem :banana: . I feel good here but I'm fairly sure I can get at least another 1/2 cm to full cm of drop. Its an O2 fork and I have 1cm spacers on top right now. I don't want to cut the bar until I am comfortable and confident the new position will work. Any problems with having spacers on top of the stem? Is there a point where it is unsafe? Thanks Frank

Needs Help
08-28-2005, 10:14 PM
I feel good here but I'm fairly sure I can get at least another 1/2 cm to full cm of drop.
To what end?

Its an O2 fork and I have 1cm spacers on top right now. I don't want to cut the bar until I am comfortable and confident the new position will work. Any problems with having spacers on top of the stem? Is there a point where it is unsafe?
Moving your stem down the steerer increases safety by making it harder to snap your carbon steerer.

Ken Robb
08-28-2005, 11:02 PM
since the stem is the clamp holding the fork snug against the headset I don't think that the amount of spacers on top of the stem could have any appreciable effect on strength.