PDA

View Full Version : Don't give the finger to Jeeps

Elefantino
08-28-2005, 07:55 PM
We were riding in a group of about 30 today, single paceline, and a Jeep pulled up to the back and began honking. Finally, after several seconds of this, he roars up the entire line, entirely too close to comfort, shouting *#&$*@#!! all the way. Several of our group (not me) gave him the middle digit.

One of us (not me) sprinted ahead to catch the guy at the light to ask him what his problem was. He said he would show us, instead, and produced a pistol.

Our rider was too spooked to have even gotten this gun-toting moron's tag number.

This post was not meant to imply that all Jeep drivers are gun-toting morons. On the contrary, some Jeep drivers tote guns, while others are morons. Just like the rest of the population.

The above was not meant to imply that the world is made of up those who either tote guns or morons. There are plenty of people in between. Or on the same side.

eddief
08-28-2005, 08:45 PM
in that one empty pocket in my jersey.

vandeda
08-28-2005, 09:08 PM
in that one empty pocket in my jersey.

twizzlers as a peace offering?!?

dan

Sandy
08-28-2005, 09:28 PM
How about hand grenades? Just pull the pin, toss it, put your bike in a large gear and start pedalling. :rolleyes:

Boom!

beungood
08-28-2005, 09:37 PM
That's the unfortunate result of trying to take some ignorant bastard to task for being rude and not knowing the rules of the road vis a vis bicycles. I see it quite abit when at work having feiled several calls for service involving road rage incidents and aftermaths. I actually had some idiot tailgate me inches off my rear bumper going through a thickly settled area with children. The road was bumpy and 30 mph limit was too fast that day. This guy beeped swore ,threw up his arms and then got out of his car when I stopped for a stop sign. Thing was I was coming home from tactical training and had black bdu's and leg drop holster. Imagine his surprise when I met him at the rear of my bumper(an inch away was his front). I didnt actually have to produce my pistol though........ :argue:

Sandy
08-28-2005, 09:42 PM
What is a bdu?

RABikes2
08-28-2005, 09:49 PM
Glad you are okay Elefantino. I drive a Jeep, but no gun toting done by this lady. Hope to see you and the A-Team at some of the fall centuries.

RA

Doc Austin
08-29-2005, 12:46 AM
I do everything I can to keep peace with drivers. I ride on backroads as much as I possibly can and on the trail the rest of the time. Still, some people are just looking for a fight, or just want to assert their power over someone. Some times they are just looking to start a fight with someone, anyone, and a defenseless cyclist looks like an easy enough target when you are protected by 4000 lbs of steel.

I don't have many problems anymore, but when I do, I'll always just try to get away from them. You aren't going to win a shoving match with a car.

Something to remember: You never know who is a psychopath, or who is packing.

george
08-29-2005, 01:34 AM
I always ignore drivers like that, let them pass and go away. Now if you really wanted to do a John Wayne you could knock the gun out of his hands with your pump then literally blow his a$$ up!? :cool:

jeffg
08-29-2005, 03:14 AM
and they are pretty good to cyclists, too. Can't wait to move back to the USA :crap:

Elefantino
08-29-2005, 05:13 AM
Glad you are okay Elefantino. I drive a Jeep, but no gun toting done by this lady. Hope to see you and the A-Team at some of the fall centuries.

RA

Our "schedule" includes Savannah this weekend, then Watermelon, Six Gap, Horse Farm and Horrible. Give us a shout if you see us.

Hope you are OK with the storm. Just to the west of you they're going to take a wallop.

Kevin
08-29-2005, 05:23 AM
I know what to carry in that one empty pocket in my jersey.

A naked picture of Sandy to scare away the Jeep drivers. :D

Kevin

JohnS
08-29-2005, 06:06 AM
What is a bdu?
Battle Dress Uniform

Too Tall
08-29-2005, 06:12 AM
Elephantino, just an observation and glad it wasn't you who chased.

*** would a cyclist put themselves in harms way just to yell at some moron?

I can understand taking some action to defend yourself and esp. getting the license plate.

Hairless beach apes are soft targets when on a bicycle, clipped in and wearing cleats.

Think like Kenny Rodger...live a long time.

Increase the peace.

soulspinner
08-29-2005, 06:13 AM
A man who taunts and then produces a gun should not have one. Like a karate instructor looking for a fight. Too bad he didnt get the license, maybe the authorities would take his piece and his license for it(if he had one). Be careful out there (hill street blues)....

JohnS
08-29-2005, 07:13 AM
I would think by his actions that he didn't have a CCW.

coylifut
08-29-2005, 08:26 AM
as I've stated before, my policy is everyone (and I mean everyone) is armed. I avoid random confrontation at all cost.

93legendti
08-29-2005, 08:28 AM
as I've stated before, my policy is everyone (and I mean everyone) is armed. I avoid random confrontation at all cost.

Yup, if I say anything, I say "have a nice day".

Elefantino
08-30-2005, 08:32 PM
Elephantino, just an observation and glad it wasn't you who chased.

*** would a cyclist put themselves in harms way just to yell at some moron?

I can understand taking some action to defend yourself and esp. getting the license plate.

Hairless beach apes are soft targets when on a bicycle, clipped in and wearing cleats.

Think like Kenny Rodger...live a long time.

Increase the peace.

Testosterone being what it is, well, you know. Some people get fired up.

I just wave. With all fingers. :D

ClutchCargo
08-30-2005, 10:05 PM
redneck in truck outweighs biker weenie by, like, 4,000 lbs., no?

second, redneck likes (and probly has many) guns.

so, like, get the plate number, call the cops and live to ride another day, yeah?

ride on, brah!

dirtdigger88
08-30-2005, 10:21 PM
redneck in truck outweighs biker weenie by, like, 4,000 lbs., no?

No- it would be more like 6500 lbs

Jason

tbushnel
08-30-2005, 10:31 PM

I learned this in Los Angeles, though its probably the case most places. Too bad.
Ted.
:crap: