PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Ant+ adaptor

TMB
03-30-2012, 03:15 PM
So, this question comes out of left field ....

They make the Ant+ adaptor for the iPhone. This allows you use the iPhone in ace of a GPS if you wish and it will pick up the hrm and cadence sensor.

So here is what I'm wondering, does anyone know if you could use the adaptor with an iPad to upload Garmin files from the GPS to Strava or the like?

It occurs to me that about the only time I ever even open the laptop anymore is to download my garmin tracks.

zmudshark
03-30-2012, 04:06 PM
No. The file format is not supported on iOS. You cannot transfer a Garmin file to an iPad.

You're a shareholder, put some pressure on them to support Garmin formats:rolleyes:

TMB
03-30-2012, 04:14 PM
No. The file format is not supported on iOS. You cannot transfer a Garmin file to an iPad.

You're a shareholder, put some pressure on them to support Garmin formats:rolleyes:

??

Who are you?

Did you ask your son this one?

Thanks, I don't really want to transfer the file to the iPad though, I would just like to get it to ridewithhgps or strava.

zmudshark
03-30-2012, 04:21 PM
??

Who are you?

Did you ask your son this one?

Thanks, I don't really want to transfer the file to the iPad though, I would just like to get it to ridewithhgps or strava.

Of course I asked. He said it ain't happening unless the ghost of Jobs says so. The iPad will not let you see garmin files.

Also discussed on the garmin forums