PDA

View Full Version : LA Velodrome Home Depot center

katematt
03-29-2012, 12:18 PM
My daughter is playing in a tennis tournament at the Home depot center in Carson, CA next week starting Monday and I noticed they had a velodrome on site.

Well these tournaments can have their moments of downtime, so I was wondering if anyone knew of the happenings at the velodrome or insight during my visit.

Thanks. T

Jaq
03-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Home Depot Center Velodrome

Calendar:
http://www.homedepotcenter.com/contentfull.php?section=venues&page=velodrome_calendar

Adam Duvendeck, Event Center Manager

Home Depot Center
Phone: 310-630-2064
Mobile: 310-427-0514
Email: aduvendeck@homedepotcenter.com

54ny77
03-29-2012, 12:27 PM
I have heard it is a beautiful facility.

What used to be there, the Dominguez Hills outdoor concrete velodrome (built for and initially used in the '84 Olympics), was cruel to those who occasionally had the misfortune to slide down its bankings....not that I would know....:p

Gummee
03-29-2012, 03:09 PM
I never got to race Dominguez Hills. They'd torn it up already when I was in Sandy Eggo.

I HAVE raced Encinas. Not enough banking so you have to countersteer to keep on the blue line. 250m tracks are like being in a blender after racing at Sandy Eggo. :nod

They hadn't finished the Home Depot Center before I hurt my back and stopped racing. :cry Would like to go back and race there.

M