PDA

View Full Version : 24H 2X Lacing Question...

buldogge
03-28-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm looking at a Gipiemme Tecno rim I have that I want to re-lace. It's 24H 2X both sides right now (the front is radial).

Here's the thing...the 2nd cross is not interlaced (if I have the term correct). The cross spoke goes over the first spoke and then continues over (not under) the 2nd spoke...

???

-Mark in St. Louis

ultraman6970
03-29-2012, 01:36 AM
Don't get what you are asking...stuff lost in translation, but the spoke that has the head outside of the flange goes over the other spoke, just like in any crossed spoke lacing, 2x from 3x is not different.

pitcrew
03-29-2012, 06:19 AM
I'm looking at a Gipiemme Tecno rim I have that I want to re-lace. It's 24H 2X both sides right now (the front is radial).

Here's the thing...the 2nd cross is not interlaced (if I have the term correct). The cross spoke goes over the first spoke and then continues over (not under) the 2nd spoke...

???

-Mark in St. Louis

It's just the way it was laced. When you rebuild it, go ahead and pass under the spoke (at the second intersection).

oldpotatoe
03-29-2012, 07:16 AM

???

-Mark in St. Louis

Yep, should be over/under or under/over depending on inside or outside pulling type lacing. I've seen this a few times on wheels..interleve them, or however you spell it.

buldogge
03-29-2012, 07:29 AM
Thanx guys...Just double checking.

-Mark