PDA

View Full Version : Black Rim Finish Match Across Brands

scottaharper
03-28-2012, 10:56 AM
I am thinking about building a set of wheels for my wife with a rear Velocity OC rim and either a Kinlin XR200 or Stan's 340 front rim. As we do with all our wheels, stickers will be removed. I am wondering if the black finishes between the brands is similar enough that my fashion conscious wife will not object.

Thanks,
Scott Harper

jds108
03-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Obviously finishes can be different, but I have been wondering who makes the Stan's rims. Maybe somebody here knows?

I haven't seen a Kinlin rim, but from pics online it looks like they might be making the rims for Stan's.

buldogge
03-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Why not an Aerohead front???

-Mark in St. Louis

scottaharper
03-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Trying to maximize weight and comfort for my 120lb wife. She is rather smitten with the concept of weight weenie wheels, as long as they are going to be reliable for her. So, the lighter rims have definite appeal for these wheels.

Scott

buldogge
03-28-2012, 03:53 PM
I'd forego the 30 grams savings and use the Aerohead, personally.

-Mark

Trying to maximize weight and comfort for my 120lb wife. She is rather smitten with the concept of weight weenie wheels, as long as they are going to be reliable for her. So, the lighter rims have definite appeal for these wheels.

Scott

eddief
03-28-2012, 05:32 PM
but i own Velocity A23 in black and Stans 340 in black. i think they are very close in having a very similar satiny black anodized finish.

I am thinking about building a set of wheels for my wife with a rear Velocity OC rim and either a Kinlin XR200 or Stan's 340 front rim. As we do with all our wheels, stickers will be removed. I am wondering if the black finishes between the brands is similar enough that my fashion conscious wife will not object.

Thanks,
Scott Harper

ultraman6970
03-29-2012, 01:39 AM
The kinlins tb 25 black looks very similar if not the same than velocity rims and other stuff i have seen around.

beeatnik
03-29-2012, 02:04 AM
IMO, Kinlins are glossier than Velocity rims. A very nice glossy finish that I wouldn't really describe as anodized. For reference, the Kinlins wouldn't be a perfect match for black CK hubs or headsets.