PDA

View Full Version : Listen here... Hors Cat is the best bike on...

Dekonick
08-27-2005, 11:27 AM
...the planet...moon...universe...anywhere.

Smiley is right.

I loaned my Hors to a good friend (also a shop owner...not that it matters...but he rides ALOT of different bikes)

He told me (all giddy...like a kid) that it was the smoothest ride he has ever had. He absolutely loved it.

Now I have to pry it away from his lusting hands.

Ben - Why oh why did you have to stop making the DKS?!?

Smiley
08-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Costs too much to build that rear end , never was appreciated by the general public , looked too goofy or as Dave Kirk said UGLY . In any case rejoice my friend that you have one , to part with it for any amount of money would be a foolish move . My Hors is soooo smoooth I can't think of any bike I'd take out for a long ride .

SoCalSteve
08-27-2005, 12:22 PM
So much so that I sent it to JB for a repaint. Cant wait to get it back...

Is there any way to play "Mr. Potato Head" with my Ottrott and Hors Cat? Front end Ottrott-Rear end Hors Cat....That would be the best bike ever made, bar none. You would have the smoothness of the carbon ride with the handling of the Hors Cat. Wasnt that an option for about 3 seconds?

I am still getting used to my Ottrott, but so far, the Hors Cat has it beat for descending and all around handling.

Steve

Captain, what about those DKS parts? Still for sale? How much????

Needs Help
08-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Wasnt that an option for about 3 seconds?
The '03 catalog listed all three rear end options: ST, DKS, and classic.

Fixed
08-27-2005, 01:54 PM
I remenber going to a lecture by Mr. Serotta where he said alum. and carbon were not the best choices for frames that steel and ti are the best, and forget about carbon in the seatstays not a good idea and did nothing for the ride of the bike this I think was about 3 years ago . It's funny how good and bad can change so fast. any thoughts on a new alum. model? How about a combo carbon, steel alum. and ti? it could be called the four seasons.How would you say that in French? Cheers :beer:

sam
08-27-2005, 02:59 PM
I was luckey enough to purchase an Ottrott with DKS a few years ago......words can not describe how smooth.........

Smiley
08-27-2005, 03:05 PM
I just wet my pants, I got sooooo excited . Just say it ain't my size so I don't beg you to sell it to me , please :banana:

dirtdigger88
08-27-2005, 03:10 PM
sam- you have a million dollar baby there- if only it was set up for cantis. . .it would be perfect

Jason

zap
08-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Sam, as I was scrolling down slowly and saw your bike, my immediate thought was that Smiley's going to hunt you down like a cheetah chasing a gazelle.

CNY rider
08-27-2005, 03:48 PM
How do the ride characteristics of a Terraplane stack up against the DKS? I wonder which system DK would consider more advanced or superior?

flydhest
08-27-2005, 04:34 PM
I've been riding my Hors recently (took a friend riding several times and let him ride the CSi and so the saddle was adjusted for him).

Shortly after buying it (used) I had bout of buyer's remorse and thought about re-selling it. It didn't happen and I'm glad of that. It's set up for canti's and 'cross tires and it's great in the snow, off-road, and, with road wheels, on the road it's great too.

Tmogul
08-27-2005, 05:50 PM
How does a frame like the moots YBB compare? Does it ride similar to a ST rear? If you really want all out comfort then it seems you need some sort of suspension.

http://www.moots.com/images/fr-vamootsYBB.jpg

(image from their site)

93legendti
08-27-2005, 06:12 PM
I just wet my pants, I got sooooo excited . Just say it ain't my size so I don't beg you to sell it to me , please :banana:

I think it is closer to my size...it would round out my stable of HC's very nicely. :)

dirtdigger88
08-27-2005, 07:11 PM
...it would round out my stable of HC's very nicely. :)

http://www.gazette.uwo.ca/2004/March/25/Pics/15B%20Dr.Evil.jpg

Jason

Fixed
08-27-2005, 08:15 PM
Hey Jason is that really a pic. of 93 legend ti how did you get it? He looks a lot more hip than I thought he would.Those are some nice vintage clothes dude. Cheers I just found out that is a movie actor so never mind sorry 93 legendti I am sure you have nice clothes too Cheers