PDA

View Full Version : new version of Vbulletin - no editing of titles in postings?

eddief
03-23-2012, 07:55 AM
i do believe once upon a time, i was the one who wondered about/requested the feature of being able to edit the title of posting along with being able to edit the body of the posting. seems the new version is not allowing that. is that on purpose, or did someone forget to flip that switch. i like the option.

Keith A
03-23-2012, 09:01 AM
There are a number of issues that have been created by the software upgrade and I'm working though each one of them. As for the titles, I'm not seeing the specific option to edit a message title as before...so I would assume you could do this. I know as a moderator, I can edit my own and other user's titles.

Wilbur
03-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Eddie -- I had no problem editing the title of my message when logged on as a regular user. You should be able to just edit your message and then type in what you want for the new title. Let me know if you can do this or not.

DreaminJohn
03-23-2012, 09:27 AM
Hi Keith

Not to hijack the thread, but I assume getting the Back button to function is on your list?

eddief
03-23-2012, 09:31 AM
now you have to click on the advanced button at the bottom in order to edit titles too. did not have to do that in the prior. so all is good. thanks.

Eddie -- I had no problem editing the title of my message when logged on as a regular user. You should be able to just edit your message and then type in what you want for the new title. Let me know if you can do this or not.

cuda2k
03-23-2012, 02:36 PM
I know in the new vB that moderators can double click on/next to a thread title to get the edit thread title box to come up. Haven't tired it as a non-mod.

Wilbur
03-23-2012, 02:41 PM
now you have to click on the advanced button at the bottom in order to edit titles too. did not have to do that in the prior. so all is good. thanks.Yes this has changed with the new version of the software and as you discovered you have to go to the advanced editing window to change the title.

Wilbur (aka Keith A)

AgilisMerlin
03-23-2012, 03:23 PM
I believe, and i could be wrong, but you can edit the title text until someone gives the first reply. no ?

just as before