PDA

View Full Version : OT: Samsung Galaxy Note

norcalbiker
03-22-2012, 10:13 AM
Anyone here own one of this?

It's between a tablet and a cell phone

Would like to hear any input good and bad about this product.

I have been thinking of getting one.

TIA

mtb_frk
03-22-2012, 10:51 AM
I like the idea of it. I use my iPhone more as web browser than I do a phone. I am just not sure that I want to carry something bigger around with me.

crownjewelwl
03-22-2012, 10:55 AM
i think this is a device that works better in theory then reality. i have a samsung galaxy nexus. it has a large beautiful screen. i can pretty much do anything with it. the only time i feel like i need a bigger screen is when i use gotomypc.

the galaxy note is too big to carry around as a phone IMO.

Get an iPad if you need a much bigger screen. these in-between products never make much sense to me.

norcalbiker
03-22-2012, 11:26 AM
I like the idea of it. I use my iPhone more as web browser than I do a phone. I am just not sure that I want to carry something bigger around with me.

I have an Iphone as well and I probably use it as 15% as a phone. I was thinking that I can get a nice bluetooth if I need to talk to someone.

beungood
05-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Someone offered me a Note 2 and I need a phone but dont want to lose my unliited data with Verizon. Note 2 for $500 is appealing has 2 cases too.

rbtmcardle
05-04-2013, 03:23 PM
I had one for the full two week trial run and couldn't deal with the size. It is an incredible device but just too big for me in the end. (couldn't see it in a jersey pocket which was a deal breaker for me)I ended up with an htc 1+. Which for me is a great size and piece of hardware. Not sure why htc doesn't get more love. I also have an iPhone 5 from work but prefer the htc.

BlackTiBob
05-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Hi,
I'm thinking seriously about the Note 2.
I like the screen being bigger than most.
I'd use few phone minutes--mostly when away on bike trips.
I'd use it as a second computer at home for emails and
browsing the web.

The size looks doable to me but I've never carried one around.

Is it possible to have a Note 2 and only purchase phone minutes,
like a Virgin Mobile plan?? I could get by with only connecting to
email/web via WiFi sites.....

I'm looking on Craigslist for new/nearly new Note 2s.

Cinci Jim
05-04-2013, 07:38 PM
I love it! Great phone, not too big and fits in a dress shirt or back pants pocket. It really is the next generation of phones! Fits in a zip lock and then into a jersey pocket.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

oldpotatoe
05-05-2013, 07:46 AM
I had one for the full two week trial run and couldn't deal with the size. It is an incredible device but just too big for me in the end. (couldn't see it in a jersey pocket which was a deal breaker for me)I ended up with an htc 1+. Which for me is a great size and piece of hardware. Not sure why htc doesn't get more love. I also have an iPhone 5 from work but prefer the htc.

Dohhh!

rbtmcardle
05-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Dohhh!

Perhaps I am different but a least partly I ride to get away from ever present tech tether. I suppose that contraption would be nice if I were riding a trainer!

;)