PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with Carbone

Smiley
08-26-2005, 10:28 AM
Makes me lust for LUGS and Brazing . Oh do I lust for the feel of STEEL . I never should have left steel to go to titanium . I want a CSI :banana:

I want to run my hands around the edges of those sculpted lugs , I want a Colorado Concept tube , I want a STEEL FORK Oh yeah Baby due I lust for a CSI .

Fixed
08-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Bro. I agree. Cheers

zank
08-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Happy Friday!

flydhest
08-26-2005, 10:53 AM
easy Smiley, that drool might make the steel rust.

ok, ick . . . it's not drool.

Keith A
08-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Smiley -- did you see Tom and my questions on this page (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=10423&page=3&pp=15)?

Dr. Doofus
08-26-2005, 12:46 PM
many who know more than yerfood have sort of said this before...but anyway...

steel ain't real (profitable) lessin yer a zoot-to-the-zoot or an avocation-artisan.

say wha?

just talkin bout steel

see, lessin you can scoot that boot outta door for Goodrich money, it ain't worth your time. and if you're thuggin and luggin you gotta bring the thing to slang and bang to smack the sachs and jerk with the kirk, if you know what this bad white boy is sayin in his bizarre and pathetic patois with the savois

yeah, what he said

you can't run with the high-skill guns so your price is worth the nice that yerframe brings to a baby-boomer consumer who knows a frame with fame from a frame with shame? don't use steel.

how many like to get snug with the lug? too few to do that do and not get screwed in a limited market. so you do other things...things with bling, prices so outrageous they get contagious and you actually sell to those who can shell for fantastic anti-falerio-scholastic-plastic and fly fly ti...and if yerrplayin that game, why spend that time with steel, miterin and welden, shelden, when you can screw-blue-glue some tubes and sell it six or seven or eight or nine grand?

the s and s companies will still do steel for a while...but if the market share starts to get bare, if the steel sales go stale as the carbon chickin gets kickin...say sayonara, shara...and look to either super high end lugthugs or bargain tigger piggers (gunnar, kelly, etc..) for the steel market

doof says in 2010 serottas will still be nice, super crafted bikes

they just won't be steel

doof balled and shot-called the carbon lugged serotta two years out

don't play with him on this

Smiley
08-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Very good Snoop Doof Snoof

JohnS
08-26-2005, 12:52 PM
many who know more than yerfood have sort of said this before...but anyway...

steel ain't real (profitable) lessin yer a zoot-to-the-zoot or an avocation-artisan.

say wha?

just talkin bout steel

see, lessin you can scoot that boot outta door for Goodrich money, it ain't worth your time. and if you're thuggin and luggin you gotta bring the thing to slang and bang to smack the sachs and jerk with the kirk, if you know what this bad white boy is sayin in his bizarre and pathetic patois with the savois

yeah, what he said

you can't run with the high-skill guns so your price is worth the nice that yerframe brings to a baby-boomer consumer who knows a frame with fame from a frame with shame? don't use steel.

how many like to get snug with the lug? too few to do that do and not get screwed in a limited market. so you do other things...things with bling, prices so outrageous they get contagious and you actually sell to those who can shell for fantastic anti-falerio-scholastic-plastic and fly fly ti...and if yerrplayin that game, why spend that time with steel, miterin and welden, shelden, when you can screw-blue-glue some tubes and sell it six or seven or eight or nine grand?

the s and s companies will still do steel for a while...but if the market share starts to get bare, if the steel sales go stale as the carbon chickin gets kickin...say sayonara, shara...and look to either super high end lugthugs or bargain tigger piggers (gunnar, kelly, etc..) for the steel market

doof says in 2010 serottas will still be nice, super crafted bikes

they just won't be steel

doof balled and shot-called the carbon lugged serotta two years out

don't play with him on this
If this is how Dr. Doof talks slang, I'd hate to see him dance! :no:

Dr. Doofus
08-26-2005, 12:58 PM
doof has his own style

doofadelic slang puts everything to which he has access -- from andre 3000 to the jerk to henry fielding to andre gide -- and puts it in his own slender bender blender

it ain't about fittin in

it ain't about tryin to align with the designated paradigm

its about mainlining the doof-world into your ear socket

deal with it

(and sometimes he dances in front of his classes

they ask him to stop

please

but you know they dig it)

William
08-26-2005, 01:01 PM
If this is how Dr. Doof talks slang, I'd hate to see him dance! :no:
http://images.thedilly.com/material/StangDance.jpg

Dance Doctor Dance!
Is that similar to Run Forrest Run??? ;)

What the Doc said! :cool: Not how he dances. :eek:

William

Too Tall
08-26-2005, 01:17 PM
DO NOT use the "Gizoogle" filter on Docs posts ever....unless you want to know where Hoffa is buried.

William
08-26-2005, 01:19 PM
DO NOT use the "Gizoogle" filter on Docs posts ever....unless you want to know where Hoffa is buried.

I already know....

William

Kevan
08-26-2005, 01:54 PM
close your curtains. You make lug-feeling sound dirty.

Sandy
08-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Open your curtains!!
I need another look!!

Seeing Sandy

Fixed
08-26-2005, 02:33 PM
Makes me lust for LUGS and Brazing . Oh do I lust for the feel of STEEL . I never should have left steel to go to titanium . I want a CSI :banana:

I want to run my hands around the edges of those sculpted lugs , I want a Colorado Concept tube , I want a STEEL FORK Oh yeah Baby due I lust for a CSI .
Hey Bro that's a pretty bold statement the boss might get mad ain't you supposed to be selling them? Bro I had a 2002 5500 never liked it, none of my buds could understand why my n.o.s. steel bike rocks I like it a lot better and I could buld 4 for what that 5500 cost me.Cheers :beer:

cpg
08-26-2005, 03:46 PM
:beer:

Curt

zap
08-26-2005, 03:51 PM
Smiley, tell Ben to make yours so that you can fit 29'ers.

Then you can have a real comfy ride.

But Smiley, I have to ask, didn't you have a Trek (steel?) before that Ti bike?

Smiley
08-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Trek Aluminum , but I had a french steel bike before that but I knew no better , it was a Motobecane

Serpico
08-26-2005, 11:03 PM
can someone tell me what kind of lugs these are on the head tube? and are the other lugs from the same "series"? they're beautiful without being overly ornate

thanks

http://kirkframeworks.com/Eaves%20400.jpg

http://kirkframeworks.com/Jachym%20400.jpg

btw, if you haven't checked in the last week--looks like Dave added some new frames to the gallery (section 51+) :)

dirtdigger88
08-27-2005, 08:05 AM
those are the webbed lugs- thats what I am getting as well- I spoke to Dave- they dont start out like that- Dave told me they look like "throwing stars" before he starts- I asked him to send me a picture of them before he start the carving- if/when he remembers to I will post- One thing to note- these only come in one tube size diameter- 1" TT and 1 1/8 DT (I believe)- "Old School" bike 101- :cool: but these wouldnt be good for a 240 lb power masher type rider- but d*mn they look cool

Jason