PDA

View Full Version : Skewer recommendations?

Dromen
03-21-2012, 08:21 AM
Think i am over analizing, but since i put an inordinate amount of time.......

I am building the following wheelset and neglected to consider spec'g skewers that have the same level of coolness. Can i hear from some skewer aficionados?

Velocity A23 satin silver rims
White Industires H2/H3 hubs(campy)
DT Swiss silver spokes/Brass nipples(32/32)

AngryScientist
03-21-2012, 08:30 AM
kcnc Ti.

http://www.r2technik.com/images/kcncskewers.jpg

lovebird
03-21-2012, 08:32 AM
I assume the hubs are silver too? Nice classic looking wheelset like that deserves silver Campy Record skewers (prior generation ones with the nice sutouts). Those are getting really pricey, though.

The velo orange skewers look ok too from a distance. A LOT cheaper!

Dromen
03-21-2012, 08:39 AM
yes hubs are silver.

fourflys
03-21-2012, 08:44 AM
guess it depends on the bike and the aesthetic you're going for... if more cutting edge, I like the ones Angry posted above... if more of an old school build, the Campy or VO ones mentioned would be sweet...

me? I guess I'm simple... I love the lines, looks, and color of Salsa Flip-offs...

old_fat_and_slow
03-21-2012, 09:09 AM

GRAVELBIKE
03-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Internal cam skewers are my favorite because they work better than the CNC'd external cam jobs. Hard to beat Shimano in that category.

DRZRM
03-21-2012, 09:36 AM
On my Campy hubs I stick with the modern black Campy skewers, but for everything else, I like the various DT Swiss RWS skewers. Their ratcheting mechanism really tightens down nicely, is it worth it for the ti? I don't think so, I have the steel ones on all but one wheelset, they work great, but if you are a weightweenie, go for it.

Edit: If you need silver, I'd look elsewhere, I always like the look of the Salsas, but the silver modern ones above look nice too.