PDA

View Full Version : More Lance

LegendRider
08-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Has Dr. Catlin from UCLA commented on the Lance story? He's widely regarded as one of the world's leading experts on doping.

Also, has the French lab explained how confidential information got into L'Equipe's hands?

Dekonick
08-25-2005, 09:35 PM
France - What privacy? Privacy laws?

Bah

Bill Bove
08-25-2005, 10:01 PM
The Marlins batboy was suspended for ten games when he got sick after losing a bet with a player that he could drink and hold down a gallon of milk in an hour. Ten games for abusing milk but only six games for steriods?

Kevan
08-25-2005, 10:07 PM
skim?

William
08-26-2005, 05:20 AM
skim?

Raw.....straight from the cow (which incidentally was there for another prank which garnered no suspensions but did raise the ire of the local PITA chapter). :rolleyes:

William ;)

Brian Smith
08-26-2005, 10:00 PM
The Marlins batboy was suspended for ten games when he got sick after losing a bet with a player that he could drink and hold down a gallon of milk in an hour. Ten games for abusing milk but only six games for steriods?

Ha!
We've got a guy who just successfully accomplished the 'Milk Challenge' and thereby won a $25 bet against a coworker...
It was a sideshow during the $100 Battle in the Saddle after work 100-ish miler undertaken by 2 riders with fewer than 40 miles at a time under their belts in 2+ years....
Good stuff....

SC Will
08-26-2005, 10:25 PM
I find it disappointing that the press were able to access the test results - it is a pretty heinous breach of privacy

However, I must say that I am even more disappointed because I have come to the ugly conclusion that Lance has been using banned performance enhancing drugs

Maybe that shouldn't disappoint me - but it does

I agree with whoever said that Lance is starting to sound alot like Tyler -

Will

Serpico
08-26-2005, 10:43 PM
the chain of "evidence" is a joke

slowgoing
08-26-2005, 11:53 PM

They should have suspended the player for making that kind of bet with a batboy.

bostondrunk
08-27-2005, 12:07 AM
OK, look, anyone who in the past believed that Lance never doped.....well.....you are simply naive. OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!! IT IS PART OF THE SPORT! It doesn't matter whether you like it or not, its a fact.

I respect lance because most of the pro cyclists dope, and he still beats them (whether he dopes or not....).
You think he wasn't doped up ever under Carmichael in the early/mid 90's?

And yes, he is starting to sound a lot like Tyler....lol

Personally, I couldn't care less whether he doped or not, because
1. He is great for the sport
2. As I said, almost all pros dope anyway (ever read Willy Voight's book??)

93legendti
08-27-2005, 07:43 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-armstrong-doping&prov=ap&type=lgns

...Lance Armstrong received strong backing Friday from cycling's domestic governing body, which said accusations against the seven-time Tour de France champion are ``completely without credibility.''

``Preposterous is a strong word, but it is warranted in this case,'' said Gerard Bisceglia, chief executive officer of USA Cycling.

``Lance Armstrong is one of the most tested athletes in the history of sport and he has come up clean every single time,'' Bisceglia said. ``This kind of years-ago testing of a single sample with new technology is completely without credibility.''

Tom
08-27-2005, 07:59 AM
- 6 or however many of some greater number attributed to Armstrong test positive. What was the chronological sequence of the samples? Like, did Monday Tuesday Wednesday turn up positive then Thursday Friday not and then Saturday again?
- I read somewhere that they did computational extrapolation of the sample results, or am I wrong? I'm a computer guy. Computers are artificial. Not valid, in my book. I had a discussion on another subject with my brother's wife, they're cell biologists. She was talking about the scientific behavior of worm scientists versus fly scientists and said the computer scientists were by far the worst because with no biological background they couldn't understand why you couldn't just model all the genome sequences and answer every question. Her kid's an undergrad math major at MIT and this summer his job was to program for such a group and he reports he's doing nothing but reading research papers because they assign him a task, he researches it and before he can start they realize it's a dead end and assign him another task. He says he hasn't written a line of code but is learning a lot of biology.

That being said, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it were all valid and Armstrong did use EPO his first years. I'd be more surprised if he used this or that later on, though, but I certainly don't think it impossible. I'm not totally sold on his cancer survivor angle because I've been there too. Mostly sold but not totally.

aLexis
08-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Ha!
We've got a guy who just successfully accomplished the 'Milk Challenge' and thereby won a $25 bet against a coworker...
It was a sideshow during the $100 Battle in the Saddle after work 100-ish miler undertaken by 2 riders with fewer than 40 miles at a time under their belts in 2+ years....
Good stuff....

Mike Horsington is a hero to all of us.