PDA

View Full Version : beater bikes go here

Fixed
03-19-2012, 11:11 AM
this is one of my beater bikes i used to ride 10 years ago ..
what is your idea of a winter beater commuter bike
cheers :beer:

sc53
03-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Fixed--did Dario paint your bike?? :beer:

AngryScientist
03-19-2012, 12:27 PM
100 dollar frames, for the win.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zWOIqLrrn_8/T132_rSB9MI/AAAAAAAAAZg/46ho9sWIrYA/s640/IMG_0450.jpg

pitcrew
03-19-2012, 12:39 PM
I wish I had a picture of it, but I think my favorite beater was an old Raleigh mtb that I used as a campus cruiser years ago.canti brake on the front only (a rear brake post was broken off and the seat stay very bent)....frozen seatpost...rear derailleur locked down to make it a single speed....rear wheel bent and pounded back into somewhat usable shape via pounding on the concrete....tube bubbling through the sidewall of the rear tire.

This thing was so bad that I could park it in the bike rack on campus and not even bother to lock it up. Loved it!

The "bumper sticker" I made for the rear of the beach cruiser-like saddle said "My other ride is a Merlin Extralight"

esldude
03-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Current beater is a Trek 930 Single track. True Temper double butted ox comp tubing make it a surprisingly good frame and light. Old school rigid mtb. Good components, but it is well used with many old stickers on the frame. So you have no idea what brand or model it is. No one will pay it any mind, but it is a good bike. Perfect for beater use.