PDA

View Full Version : OT: Any Stamp Collectors

nm87710
03-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Have a question if you've got a minute to send a PM.

Thanks

Louis
03-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Have a question if you've got a minute to send a PM.

Yes, that Inverted Jenny you found in your uncle's attic is worth something. ;)

rounder
03-17-2012, 10:36 PM
For those us who do not have inverted jennys, but have inverted airplanes, are they still worth anytthing.

Not speaking for myself for anything valuable. But do people still collect old stamps.

Louis
03-17-2012, 10:50 PM
I think you're right - not a lot of stamp collecting going on these days.

Not to sound like an old grump, but unfortunately there are lots of things that folks don't do anymore. Here's an example: I live in a subdivision with only one entry / exit, it's very secluded and there is almost no traffic. The whole thing is heavily forested and the lots are all > 3 acres (by law). Bottom line - it's a great area to walk. I also live at the end of a dead-end street, so even less traffic.

A kid (I'd guess about 12 years old) who lives where my street begins is friends with a kid in the house across the street from me, and sometimes he comes over to play. So how does he cover the 1/4 mile distance from house to house? In a friggin' golf cart. Apparently that short distance is just too far for him to walk or ride his bike. (I assume he has a bike, because I can't imagine a kid his age not having a bike, but I don't think I've ever seen him on one.)

Draw your own conclusions on what this means about our society.

buldogge
03-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Maybe he was on his bike once and was harassed by your neighbors as he rode down the street!??? :D

-Mark in St. Louis

I think you're right - not a lot of stamp collecting going on these days.

Not to sound like an old grump, but unfortunately there are lots of things that folks don't do anymore. Here's an example: I live in a subdivision with only one entry / exit, it's very secluded and there is almost no traffic. The whole thing is heavily forested and the lots are all > 3 acres (by law). Bottom line - it's a great area to walk. I also live at the end of a dead-end street, so even less traffic.

A kid (I'd guess about 12 years old) who lives where my street begins is friends with a kid in the house across the street from me, and sometimes he comes over to play. So how does he cover the 1/4 mile distance from house to house? In a friggin' golf cart. Apparently that short distance is just too far for him to walk or ride his bike. (I assume he has a bike, because I can't imagine a kid his age not having a bike, but I don't think I've ever seen him on one.)

Draw your own conclusions on what this means about our society.

Louis
03-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Maybe he was on his bike once and was harassed by your neighbors as he rode down the street!??? :D

What are you talking about? That never happens around here... ;)

Jack Brunk
03-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Build the Kirk OK!

Louis
03-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Build the Kirk OK!

The weather's finally decent, so I plan to do so soon. Next step is to install the headset and cut the steerer tube.

Jack Brunk
03-17-2012, 11:33 PM
The weather's finally decent, so I plan to do so soon. Next step is to install the headset and cut the steerer tube.
How long will that take? This Spring, Summer,fall?
Love ya man just messing with you. I'm sure your stoked to ride it as much as were waiting to see it.