PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on today

Pete Mckeon
03-17-2012, 05:13 PM
or riding or preparing for "Irish" St Patty day :beer: :beer: :beer:

I have been in Santa BARBARA FOR THE LAST WEEK - - - - AND IT WAS WARMER IN RALEIGH NC THE ENIRE TIME (and it is today ;) )

I notices the communications. is very few on DIscussion section and very heavy on CLASSIFIED. Has this turned to a :help: :help:

Have a good hangover SUNDAY!!! PETE

akelman
03-17-2012, 05:18 PM
We're here, Pete. And we're sorry the weather turned on you. After a gorgeous winter (unless you're a farmer), it's been plenty wet lately. I keep telling myself we need it, but between you and me, I'm sick of the rain.

rnhood
03-17-2012, 05:22 PM
I rode the St. Patty's Day ride hosted by the Trek store. Perfect riding temperature and a beautiful day. It was nice being met by Dave manning the cooler at the end of 62 miles with just about every type beer available - and plenty of it. The Trek store is tops!

TMB
03-17-2012, 05:30 PM
You should have let me know you were doing your rides in California.

I was in AZ, flew home for a week and drove back down to AZ over the last couple of days with my wife.

The weather coming through Washington, Oregon and Northern California was frightful.

Now in AZ for a week and a bit, hoping to ride a bit if the weather cooperates.

Then back home again.

The things we do to try and ride our bikes .....

Jaq
03-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Can't drink tonight; gettin' ready to do the Wolf Pack Hustle LA Marathon Crash Ride at 4 am.

What sucks is that I've got no rain gear or booties, so I'm gonna wing it with a Fred-lookin' yellow rain-suit I picked up from the Army-Navy this morning. Plus my front tire is pretty much unsafe for rainy conditions.

So far, the best part was in picking up my number; I left my daughter in line while I parked the car (god, kids come in handy sometimes) and when I got there she leaned in close and whispered "dad, do you have to have piercings to be in this race?"

martinrjensen
03-17-2012, 08:13 PM
I got in a ride today. A short ride, 18 miles. It's been so crappy here in Seattle and I have been out of town most of the winter that I have only been able to get a few rides in. I'm working back up though and it feels good. I can't believe that I forgot to wear green though.

san
03-17-2012, 08:23 PM
im out in santa barbara, its been prettty chilly today!

cat6
03-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Pete, bad timing! It's been awesome the past few weekends, sorry you ended up visiting for the "winter storm". I feel funny calling 45 degree weather and rain a winter storm considering I grew up in VT/NJ, but it is what it is and the local LA news won't call it "rain".

Jaq, have fun at the Wolfpack Hustle race. I considered going just to go. I'm no racer but think it would be a fun experience. Be safe. It's hailing right now in Pasadena, don't know what the weather might do overnight. I'll look for photos of the Gorton's fisherman to recognize ya.

tiretrax
03-17-2012, 10:12 PM
Can't drink tonight; gettin' ready to do the Wolf Pack Hustle LA Marathon Crash Ride at 4 am.

What sucks is that I've got no rain gear or booties, so I'm gonna wing it with a Fred-lookin' yellow rain-suit I picked up from the Army-Navy this morning. Plus my front tire is pretty much unsafe for rainy conditions.

So far, the best part was in picking up my number; I left my daughter in line while I parked the car (god, kids come in handy sometimes) and when I got there she leaned in close and whispered "dad, do you have to have piercings to be in this race?"
I love it. My children want to know when I'm going to get a tatoo. Maybe a Campy logo on the arm like Old Potatoe?

Pete, sorry about the rain. As one who visits California in the summer, I am glad they're getting it now.

Jack Brunk
03-17-2012, 10:22 PM
2 hours today in the rain and dirt. Epic! White caps on the ocean were 3-5 feet high.

Pete, Should've let us socal guys know you were in town. Would have taken you to Super Rica for some special food.

Jack

Steve in SLO
03-17-2012, 10:24 PM
Here's what I did:
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=106248

rounder
03-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Am here in Spartanburg, SC. Had a Guiness at an Irish Pub (Delaney's!). Weather was great...wish i had my bike here.

Pete Mckeon
03-18-2012, 07:00 AM
It was a wonderful vacation in SB area, Spent SAT in LOS OLIVOS area with TOM BRYNES and the evening at the cafe.

We have rain this morning in NC and hopefully by early afternoon will be sun and bike... :D

Pete, bad timing! It's been awesome the past few weekends, sorry you ended up visiting for the "winter storm". I feel funny calling 45 degree weather and rain a winter storm considering I grew up in VT/NJ, but it is what it is and the local LA news won't call it "rain".

Jaq, have fun at the Wolfpack Hustle race. I considered going just to go. I'm no racer but think it would be a fun experience. Be safe. It's hailing right now in Pasadena, don't know what the weather might do overnight. I'll look for photos of the Gorton's fisherman to recognize ya.

Pete Mckeon
03-18-2012, 07:01 AM
Will do next time. In late APRIL there is a week in PASO ROBLES for some and in SANTA ROSA for some others. Come if you can. PETE

2 hours today in the rain and dirt. Epic! White caps on the ocean were 3-5 feet high.

Pete, Should've let us socal guys know you were in town. Would have taken you to Super Rica for some special food.

Jack

csm
03-18-2012, 08:16 AM
the weather in Harrisburg, PA was decent yesterday. got out for the first 90 minutes of the season.
looking to repeat today.

Dan Le foot
03-18-2012, 09:14 AM
I'm riding today, Pete.
The trainer in the living room. 44 degrees big winds and rain in sunny San Diego. :beer:
Dan

Ralph
03-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Perfect weather in Florida. Highs low 80's. Only missed maybe 1-2 days from riding last few months. Of course......we have our miserable time of year also.....although one can still ride OK in early AM.

It's good to hear all of you are out on your bikes.

Jaq
03-18-2012, 04:53 PM
WPH was a blast. Roads were wet, but not a drop of rain, so I got to leave the rain suit at home. The ride from my place to the start was silly & surreal; tons of streetwalkers on Sunset & Hollywood Boulevards at 2:30 in the am. If a fella didn't have a race to make...

Best part (of the ride to the start) had to be all the drunken buffoons staggering out of the bars and strip clubs to find their cars being towed by hundreds of tow-trucks.

The race/ride was great & the police couldn't have been more helpful. There were some accidents, though I only saw one; somehow - and I have no idea how it happened - I found myself close to the front....

...Until my back tire flatted about 4 miles from the finish. The Vittoria Pitstop I used was more trouble than it was worth imo. Shoulda shot some Tufo into the tires before the ride, but hindsight's 20/20.

Interesting riding with all the cats on fixies. They were doing great on the flats, but climbs and descents gave a lot of guys trouble.

Definitely recommend the ride; looking forward to next year.

maunahaole
03-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Pete, did you get a chance to dip into some good RED while you were on the west coast? Rumor has it that you may be able to find one or two nice ones around Santa Rosa as well.

benitosan1972
03-18-2012, 06:54 PM
did 50 miles in the rain, crazy wind, hail, sun, more rain, more wind, and more sun.

basically, Mother Nature threw everything at me today, but I survived... I refuse to ride rollers indoors when there are roads to be ridden.

apologies to my bike and it's parts, though, sorry!