PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Paul Rossato

MilanoTom
03-16-2012, 02:44 PM
The Rhode Island (and nearby Massachusetts) cycling community suffered a great loss on March 5 with the passing of Paul Rossato. For 23 years, Paul owned A.A.Vittorio Cycles in Woonsocket, RI. He was for a time the exclusive U.S. importer of Grandis, and also hand-picked and imported many Masi frames from Alberto Masi's workshop at the Vigorelli. Paul's shop introduced many of us to the world of finely crafted bicycles, and he was always generous with his time and expertise. Even though he retired about ten years ago, he stayed in contact with many of his customers (who became his dearest friends). I am blessed to have known him, and will miss him for the rest of my days. Ciao, Paul.

Regards,
Tom

http://valleybreeze.com/2012/03/12/cl/paul-v-rossato-woonsocket

pinkshogun
03-16-2012, 04:04 PM
i never met the man but i understand from friends he was a keeper of the flame so to speak

Fixed
03-16-2012, 05:43 PM
i am sad for yours and the cycling communities loss
butch

Polyglot
03-16-2012, 08:42 PM
I met Paul at the Larz Anderson show in Brookline a few years ago. We spent over an hour talking about our experiences in the Italian bike business and we knew many of the same people. Great guy. Passing at 55 is too young. :(