PDA

View Full Version : Riding in Beaver Creek, CO this weekend?

thenewguy11
03-16-2012, 07:36 AM
I'm going up to Beaver Creek later today. Given the warmer than normal weather and lack of snow, I was going to bring my road bike. Any recommendations on nice 2 hour or so rides?

konstantkarma
03-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Well, the most obvious is to head up to Copper mountain and on to Frisco over Vail Pass via the bike path. Check to see if it is open all the way through though. Another is to head out US 24 through Minturn towards Leadville. That is a scenic and challenging route.

djg21
03-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Well, the most obvious is to head up to Copper mountain and on to Frisco over Vail Pass via the bike path. Check to see if it is open all the way through though. Another is to head out US 24 through Minturn towards Leadville. That is a scenic and challenging route.

I'd ride down valley towards Wolcott where it tends to be drier. Don't know what the road conditions are like right now, but there has to still be snow on Vail Pass, or at least a lot of run off.

Ralph
03-16-2012, 08:39 AM
I'm sure the roads will be wet from run off in many places where there is snow. And shucks.....I've been snowed on in Vail pass in summertime. Drier and warmer direction is good.

Liv2RideHard
03-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Not fair. I want to go. Enjoy.

Bradford
03-16-2012, 11:09 AM
I'd ride down valley towards Wolcott ...
I head that way also. I like the ride out of Wolcott towards Steamboat on 131. The ride to Wolcott isn't as internesting, so if you have a limited amount of time, I'd drive down, park off the highway, and start with the climb right off the exit. Turn around when you run through half your time.

Good luck, I'm still going to ski, probably Breck, maybe Vail.