PDA

View Full Version : Embarassing Advertisement ;-)

Lorenz
03-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Hi there,

just ran into the advertisement below while flipping through two german bike magazines. Just take a look at the brake and the CRANKSET :-). I would "kill" any artist who does such a lousy job...

Enjoy, Lorenz

PS ALPECIN the company running the ad with Jan Ullrich as a testimonal is quite tough – their claim is "Doping für die Haare" (Doping for Hair). Crazy people...

BumbleBeeDave
03-15-2012, 03:45 PM
. . .for layout purposes. Epic fail in view of the demographic they seem to be trying for.

Art director soon to be looking for job!

BBD

Lorenz
03-15-2012, 03:53 PM
@BumbleBeeDave

nonono – website, press conference, leaflets, ads in magazines all with just this one image :-)))

fourflys
03-15-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm guessing that's an ad for some kind of Fondo or charity ride? if so, would it stop you from doing the ride? funny, I would have never noticed if it hadn't been pointed out... guess I'm not that observant... :D

jimsantos
03-15-2012, 05:16 PM
As BBD said, the whole image is flipped for layout - look at the brake caliper.

Jersey logos were added after.

They probably did the main ad first, then reused the shopped image (with logos painstakingly added) for everything else.

CunegoFan
03-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Ulle is looking good.

rain dogs
03-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Ulle is looking good.

Umm... obviously photoshopped. :banana:

BumbleBeeDave
03-16-2012, 04:18 AM
@BumbleBeeDave

nonono – website, press conference, leaflets, ads in magazines all with just this one image :-)))

A whole campaign based around that image? Major fail considering how they are obviously looking to appeal to a lot of dedicated cyclists.

I wonder how Jan will feel at the event answering 999 questions about his "special" bike?

BBD

Lorenz
03-16-2012, 05:22 AM
@BumbleBeeDave I guess he likes questions about this non-bike much, much more than about the recent verdict.

Elefantino
03-16-2012, 05:40 AM
Ullrich's new bikes have taken Pinarello's "asymmetrical" one step further and completely reversed the drivetrain, brakes, etc.

A lot of Germans like to clip out with their right feet when they come to a stop, and Ullrich's new "über links"® design means fewer ring marks on legs.

Also, the team mechanics can work on the cranks when the riders are on the right side of the cars.

Duh. I'm surprised someone didn't think of it before.

laupsi
03-16-2012, 07:43 AM
he's a lefty... (hey where's my "cheers" icon?)