PDA

View Full Version : Serotta vs. Paceline usage

rugbysecondrow
03-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Just curious, any changes in usage, hits etc. since the change from Serotta forum to Paceline forum? Because so many people, including myself, found this place via a Serotta google search, I didn't know if that would change with the transition.

Anyway, just curious how we are trending.

Cheers,

Paul

rugbysecondrow
03-15-2012, 05:12 AM
Since there is no answer, should I assume there are no numbers or that it is just not my business to ask?

LesMiner
03-15-2012, 05:47 AM
Another thought about the change, many purchased the Serrota Forum jersey. A clever design I thought. Some people have asked me "what does banned mean on the collar?". Now that the forum has a new name, what does that mean to the status of the jersey? In the future would it be worth something on the Antiques Roadshow? Could there be a Paceline version in the future?

Elefantino
03-15-2012, 05:58 AM
In the future would it be worth something on the Antiques Roadshow?
I hope so. I have an new-with-tags red XL kit that I'd like to sell to finance a trip to Spain this fall.

victoryfactory
03-15-2012, 06:24 AM
Rugby;

I think the mods have their hands full right now just refining and tuning the new site.
At some point the subject of attracting new blood may come up but I think
it's a little early.

based on the number of members logged in at any given time, I'd say there is
still great participation. It would take quite a while for that to show any decline. (Maybe if some of us old fogeys start to fade away)

And after all we're not a commercial site that need visits to sell anything... (yet)

otoh, the classified section is always very active and people seem to
be able to find that ok.

VF

dekindy
03-15-2012, 06:40 AM
I hope so. I have an new-with-tags red XL kit that I'd like to sell to finance a trip to Spain this fall.

What color and how much?

rugbysecondrow
03-15-2012, 06:46 AM
I appreciate your response, but I think you are responding to something I didn't write. All I asked was about how usage is trending, not how or should we be attracting new members. It seems a fair question to ask, are we a trending to a smaller corner of the web or is our cast net still bringing in the same number as before?

Simply put, is our club growing or shrinking?

Rugby;

I think the mods have their hands full right now just refining and tuning the new site.
At some point the subject of attracting new blood may come up but I think
it's a little early.

based on the number of members logged in at any given time, I'd say there is
still great participation. It would take quite a while for that to show any decline. (Maybe if some of us old fogeys start to fade away)

And after all we're not a commercial site that need visits to sell anything... (yet)

otoh, the classified section is always very active and people seem to
be able to find that ok.

VF

Elefantino
03-15-2012, 06:48 AM
I don't remember what we paid for them, but that~ish.

William
03-15-2012, 06:58 AM
Another thought about the change, many purchased the Serrota Forum jersey. A clever design I thought. Some people have asked me "what does banned mean on the collar?". Now that the forum has a new name, what does that mean to the status of the jersey? In the future would it be worth something on the Antiques Roadshow? Could there be a Paceline version in the future?

That means you've been "Banned" from the Serotta forum. The Paceline is the area for all of us who have done something to get banned. ;)

William

Ahneida Ride
03-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Keith is real busy .... I am sure he will reply when he gets a chance ...

However you can always see the # online.
IMHO that # has not diminished,