PDA

View Full Version : Saddle help

LegendRider
02-18-2004, 02:20 PM
I'm having fit problems on my Legend that stem (I believe) from saddle issues. In short, I can't ride for reasonable periods of time in the drops because it hurts my perineum area. I have to ride on the hoods, not the hooks, to be comfortable. I want to be able to ride/race in the hooks and stretch out more.

I've gone through a number of traditional saddles without success. I've tried the Rolls, Rolls Due, ProLink, ProLink Gel, Strada, Flite, Concor Lite, Arione, Aliante and ERA - none of which work. The Strada is the closest to comfortable and the Rolls is fine for a more upright position, but I can't "roll" my pelvis forward.

I want to try a saddle with a channel in the center. I'm thinking of a Specialized Body Geometry, WTB Stealth or the new Colorado Cyclist Douglas saddle. I like the idea of a channel, not a cut out.

Has anyone experienced similar problems? Any advice on which saddle to begin with?

Dude
02-18-2004, 02:56 PM
A lot of times in your situation it isn't the saddle but more the position you are in. Talk to your shop about this but you can solve some of your problems by raising your bars, to give you enough room "down there" to roll your pelvis forward.

I am not being judgemental, but why do you need to race in the drops (or what I think you refer to as "hooks"). If it is uncomfortable for you to ride that low, you are probably not in the right position, your body is telling you that. You can work on hamstring flexibility, core strength etc if you want to ride that low and that might help. If you are more comfortable on the hoods, why not ride on them?

Hope this info helps. If you were fit by someone, run these ideas by him and see what s/he says.