PDA

View Full Version : Douglass Ti?

Nags&Ducs
03-13-2012, 01:18 AM
Anyone have experience with them? I know that Douglass is the house brand for Colorado Cyclist and was built by Litespeed. Which model Litespeed would it be most comparable to? Tuscany? Classic? Arenberg? Sienna?

There is one on the local Portland CL that I showed to a friend in SoCal. I've been helping him look for a bike, primarily Lynskeys and Litespeeds that are less "racey" and more "ride all day". This Douglass might be the right one for him.

rePhil
03-13-2012, 04:47 AM
I have a Douglas Ti frame. My understanding is that they were built by TST (Titanium Sports Technologies) in Washington. Mine has shaped tubing and a 1 1/8 fork. I have used it as my daily commuter without any trouble for the past 6 years.It rides nice, and still looks good. The welds look very nice.
A few years back TST sold off their frame making equipment and got out of framebuilding.

Kontact
03-13-2012, 07:47 AM
They were TSTs, unless the first year or so of Douglas was Litespeed. Douglas replaced Litespeed for Colorado's Ti offerings.

For casual riders, frames of that era tended to have short head tubes compared to a current Lynskey. That doesn't mean they can't be fitted for less aggressive positions, but you may be limited if it comes with a threadless steerer.