PDA

View Full Version : does Serotta still do this?

AngryScientist
03-12-2012, 05:52 PM
ran across this thread on another forum:

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/bikes-frames-forks/serotta-fierte-steel-build-project-pics-85901.html

and was wondering if Serotta still gave you a card with everyone who worked on your bike with a new frame? having never bought one new, i wouldnt know.

seems very cool IMO.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6108/signaturecardlz4.jpg

Brian Smith
03-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Wow, old thread from the grave you've linked there.
Yes, they still do something akin to that.

AngryScientist
03-12-2012, 06:30 PM

are you the Brian Smith above? :beer:

Brian Smith
03-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Yes.
I posted for years on the Serotta forum answering questions about Serotta while I worked there, I guess I'm not yet out of the habit.

572cv
03-12-2012, 06:57 PM
I just bought a new-to-me Serotta Concours for my wife. The owner was classy enough to send that build card with the bike. It made me smile. I'm very pleased to have it.

laupsi
03-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Yup they still do it. Just got my new Ottrott SE, shipped 12/30/11, came w/the document and official certification. But the best part was the bike!

happycampyer
03-12-2012, 07:03 PM
The form looks different, but as Brian says they still do it. Brian did the tube mitering on my MeiVici—thanks Brian!

P.S. Moots does something similar—each new frame comes with a yellow tag stamped "Approved" with the employees names or initials next to the task that they performed on the frame.

jpw
03-13-2012, 03:49 AM
I didn't get one - 2009 vintage.

happycampyer
03-13-2012, 03:59 AM
I didn't get one - 2009 vintage.I suspect that your dealer messed up. Not sure about 2009, but the 2011 form had a warranty registration card attached. I'd be surprised if it wasn't included with the frame. Fwiw, of the seven or so Moots I've bought over the years, dealers have managed to lose three or four of the yellow tags that came with the frames...

jpw
03-13-2012, 04:41 AM
I suspect that your dealer messed up

Only a till receipt, and sans frame number. That's service :rolleyes:

happycampyer
03-13-2012, 04:50 AM
Yeah, unfortunately this stuff happens. With my most recent Moots frame, I even reminded the dealer to save the yellow tag when the frame arrived, and they still managed to lose it. :crap:

jpw
03-13-2012, 05:15 AM
Yeah, unfortunately this stuff happens. With my most recent Moots frame, I even reminded the dealer to save the yellow tag when the frame arrived, and they still managed to lose it. :crap:

Yup, but the frames are great :beer:

Kirk Pacenti
03-13-2012, 05:48 AM
Yes.
I posted for years on the Serotta forum answering questions about Serotta while I worked there, I guess I'm not yet out of the habit.

Brian,

Good to see you at NAHBS. Hope to hear more from you here...

Cheers,
KP

happycampyer
03-13-2012, 06:34 AM
Yes, Brian, I've always enjoyed your posts here and the occasional one across the hall. And thanks for your help last year deciding on a frame. Please continue to share your wisdom.

Keith A
03-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Yes.
I posted for years on the Serotta forum answering questions about Serotta while I worked there, I guess I'm not yet out of the habit.Hey Brian -- If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing now...still in the bike business?

AngryScientist
03-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Yes.

nice - thanks for chiming in. hope you continue to post, always good to have the voice of an insider.

CNY rider
03-13-2012, 08:50 AM

Brian sorry to hear you are no longer with Serotta.
I enjoyed meeting you at the Rambles and Open Houses.
I even had the good fortune to meet your folks (quite at random) during a ski trip to the Adirondacks.
You are both an officer and a gentleman.

BumbleBeeDave
03-13-2012, 08:57 AM
. . . from one of the open houses, Brian breezing past me on the climb up to Lake Desolation--wearing flip-flops and on a fixie! :eek: :D

BBD