PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on Sampson Ti frames

farmallguy
03-12-2012, 03:49 PM
I saw a 2004 Sampson Silverton for sale locally that sounds interesting but I'm not familiar with the brand, and info on the net is pretty limited. The ad said the frame was Ti with carbon fork and rear triangle. A unique sounding frame. Anybody ever own one? Pretty lightweight for the material mix? Suitable for centuries?

Jack

buldogge
03-12-2012, 08:47 PM
I can't comment on the Silverton with CF stays, but I have a 2000 Z7 which I find very comfortable...It has been my go-to bike for longer distances, especially before I bought my Calfee.

I have been considering selling it recently, but only because it is really a size too small, mainly in the HT length.

I'm not sure on that Silverton, but my Z7 appears to be Litespeed built.

-Mark in St. Louis

orbeamike
03-12-2012, 11:45 PM
I own a Sampson Silverton built by TST (Titanium Sports Technologies)/Sandvik in Washington out of 3/2.5 tubes and 6/4 drop outs and bottom bracket. It is a beautifully crafted frame with solid road feel. It is not the lightest ti frame out there, but for the price it is one of the best deal. I would not hesitate to buy that frame all over again.

Sampson has been in business for a really long time. http://www.sampsonsports.com/

Sadly TST no longer build Ti bike frames, before they went out of business couple years ago they used to build for a lot of big name bike manufacturers.