PDA

View Full Version : gloves for fat fingers?

vqdriver
03-11-2012, 05:27 PM
i have hands that have abnormal proportions.... i guess. and i'd like some recommendations for full finger gloves.
typically, i can wear a Med or Large depending on the brand in half finger gloves and it hasn't been a real issue since they're cut off. but with full finger gloves, i have extra material at the finger tips (roughly half an inch or so if the body of my hand fits wells) which is less than ideal for shifting or reaching into the jersey pocket or pretty much anything else an opposable thumb allows us to do.

local shops all seem to carry the same selection of specialized and PI standard fare and i have managed to try some garneau gloves. obviously, there's more selection online, which is exacerbated by the fact that shops in southern california tend not to carry too much cold weather gear in general.

any recommendations for a full fingered glove with shorterish fingers?
as a reference i typically fit a size Med specialized half fingered glove and a cadet medium in golf gloves.

benitosan1972
03-12-2012, 06:54 AM
I've found Fox Racing gloves (and most mountain bike-specific gloves) to be too generous in the fingers. Just like the cut of mountain bike-specific spandex, everything is more generous when it comes to riding in the dirt.

Hope that helps a little bit.