PDA

View Full Version : And now something different

cpg
08-23-2005, 01:12 PM
www.stevepottsbicycles.com

If you've never heard of him you haven't been paying attention.

Curt

IXXI
08-23-2005, 01:22 PM
The temptation never ends. NEVER.

Thanks for the reminder; Steve does amazing work.

Here's to the indie builders! :beer:

BURCH
08-23-2005, 01:26 PM
If anything, I really like the layout of the website and the photos are really top notch.

amg
08-23-2005, 01:48 PM
www.stevepottsbicycles.com

If you've never heard of him you haven't been paying attention.

Curt

Curt,

Can you tell me more about Steve? Interested.

Thanks,

Antonio

TimD
08-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Now where have I seen that style dropout before? Was it just today, at "lunch"? :)

TimD

cpg
08-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Steve Potts' reputation was/is built around mtb. He's one of "originals" and his work has always been highly respected by those in the industry. I've seen some of his earlier work when he was mostly a fillet brazer. His fillets are perfectly shaped. Not too big. Not too small. The kind of shape that you can't help but touch. Except when you touch it you can't stop. You need to look around to make sure nobody is watching so you can continue touching them. The shape of the fillets will make you think thoughts that should be reserved for your SO or Ivan Basso's sister. Perfection. Too bad he's into the TIG thing but he lays fine looking bead.

Curt

Johny
08-23-2005, 03:41 PM
The shape of the fillets will make you think thoughts that should be reserved for your SO or Ivan Basso's sister.
Curt

Hey this is a cycling forum. :)

amg
08-23-2005, 03:56 PM
Now where have I seen that style dropout before? Was it just today, at "lunch"? :)

TimD

Yes, there's a great guy I know in Italy that has been using that rear triangle design for quite some time. In fact, the first road frame I've seen with constant diameter seat and chain stays were from this fine fellow.

Antonio :beer: