PDA

View Full Version : Winter Bicycles, Portland OR

stephenmarklay
03-11-2012, 07:37 AM
I just had to give Eric Estlund a few.

I talked to Eric for a moment and saw the stunning custom work he is doing.
If you are in the need, desire or whatever for a custom bike then check this guy out.

If I were doing were doing a custom bike I would certainly call him up. Honestly I may have to do a custom bike after seeing this. Just fantastic and unique.

NOT run of the mill at all.

Fishbike
03-11-2012, 07:39 AM
yes. i find. myself looking at his stuff more and more. beautiful. congrats on the 1,000 post!!!!!!,

William
03-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Eric certainly deserves the props. His work is amazing and I've been drooling over his rides for the last year or two. We were actually planning the design of a custom Track bike until the company I was working for at the time folded. That put the kibosh on the build. Someday Eric will build me a Monster Track bike, oh yes, someday!

William

stephenmarklay
03-11-2012, 07:46 AM
yes. i find. myself looking at his stuff more and more. beautiful. congrats on the 1,000 post!!!!!!,

God I can't help thinking I need a custom bike! I would do something with the beauty of an early racer. light and purposeful...

Saw the 1000 post! Note to self, get a life.
(Actually some years ago the forum was redone or crashed or something and I was never able to figure out if my old user name existed anymore. It was frito. So I have more than 1k really)

William
03-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Btw, I've been a fan ever since I first saw the Speed Metal...

http://www.cycleexif.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/winter-bicycles-speed-metal-2.jpg

skijoring
03-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Pretty sure Eric Estlund/Winter Bicycles are actually making the scene in beautiful Eugene/Springfield, Oregon. :beer:

stephenmarklay
03-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Pretty sure Eric Estlund/Winter Bicycles are actually making the scene in beautiful Eugene/Springfield, Oregon. :beer:

Thank you for the correction!

ORMojo
03-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Yes, I was just going to get that right myself! The Winter shop was in Eugene, and recently moved/enlarged across the highway in Springfield. I love his work, and identifying where his photos are shot. Based on the work alone, and made even better by being local, he is in my top 3 for my next custom build. Maybe this year!

EricEstlund
03-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Wow- thanks, guys! I just came in the door after the trip home from Seattle, and this is a nice welcome.

My current shop is in Eugene. I've bounced between Springfield (where I live) and Eugene and have finally settled in an industrial space on the West end of Eugene. If you are finding yourself in town call ahead and I'm happy to give the nickle tour.

Thanks again for the props- it's a nice way to cap off an excellent bike filled weekend.

*PS- For anyone out of area, I'm happy to refer to it as "the greater Portland area" for simplicity :p

William
03-13-2012, 05:33 AM
*PS- For anyone out of area, I'm happy to refer to it as "the greater Portland area" for simplicity :p

WOW! Portland has really expanded. When did Salem fall? ;)

Looking forward to seeing what you and the Brunk come up with.

William

EricEstlund
03-13-2012, 09:49 AM
We're all I-5 sister cities. I just think of I-5 as "Main Street" connecting Seattle to San Diego. If it's on I-5 it is "just a little north" or "just a little south". Ah, the west.