PDA

View Full Version : The Ride- inspired thoughts?

pedlpwrd
03-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Watching the movie ' The Ride' with my son this afternoon and it is has got me heading out for a presupper ride. Was just thinking of my cycling family and what, if any, thoughts or inspirations the movie gave to any of you who have seen it. The scene of them trying to hold their bikes onto the road in the wind and sand storm was really fun to watch. The rise above the adversity to the pure enjoyment of the ride itself, just inspired me to get on my bike.
Love to hear your thoughts when I get back.
:beer:
I love our community.
-Rick

AngryScientist
03-10-2012, 03:52 PM
never seen it - is it available on Netflix do you know?

Fixed
03-10-2012, 04:00 PM
never seen it - is it available on Netflix do you know?
The Ride is not available, but you might enjoy these titles...

Not available
The Flying Scotsman

Play
Rate 5 starsRate 4 starsRate 3 starsRate 2 starsRate 1 star
180° South

Play
Ride the Divide

Play

cheers

pedlpwrd
03-10-2012, 05:19 PM
I didn't see it on NETFLIX. I happened across it because my son had it on one of the DirectTV movie channels but I seriously enjoyed it and suggest that you get your hands on it. Phil bites it really hard on a double train track. I felt it through the TV lol. Very enjoyable movie. A will own in my library.

pedlpwrd
03-10-2012, 05:23 PM
By the way, the inspired ride I took was really nice today. It was a tad cold, more like really chilly, but I followed the LIRR line on the frontage road and went all the way east to Pinelawn Cemetary. What a gorgeous place to ride. (Untill I was told by an officer that I can't ride there)
So, headed home feeling rejuvinated! I hope everyone got a little ride in today and feel as happy to have a friend like I do in my bike.
:beer: