PDA

View Full Version : Photos of Bikes, mine...

dbrk
02-18-2004, 01:03 PM
I don't mean to draw any attention to myself with this post, honest. But so many pals have asked to see pictures of some of my bikes. I've long had a yahoo photos site and you can find examples from Singer, Mariposa, Sachs, Herse, Berthoud, Serotta and others there, including some modern bikes. I believe the direct URL is:
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dvicakrababa/my_photos

However, if you go to Yahoo, then photos, you can sign in looking for my nom de guerre: dvicakrababa (that's Sanskrit for "two-wheel daddio" [add Maynard G. Crebbs meets Appu inflection] for those who care to get the joke).

Anyway, it's winter and we all enjoy the pictures, I think. Given the new Velonews, count on more pictures and less content, so I am at least in that company today.

dbrk

dbrk
02-18-2004, 03:37 PM
Okay, so this afternoon I finallyfinally figured out how to reduce the size of pictures on my darn digital camera (a nice thing for convenience's sake but nothing like the camera I actually understand, the Leica M6 and Nikon FM2). So I posted a few pictures of the recently restored '63 (or so) Rene Herse Federal. I'll go to the basement now and see what you haven't seen...there's a new Rivendell down there that deserves some pictures, I think...

dbrk
hoping this isn't taken for anything other than an effort to share pictures...

Keith A
02-19-2004, 08:14 AM
Thanks for sharing!

P.S. Did you get my PM?

Too Tall
02-19-2004, 08:48 AM
The RH brings tear to my eyes. I've seen these and similar vintage bikes chained, rusted and still used on the back streets of Paris. Yours is just Wow.

Sandy
02-19-2004, 12:02 PM
Dbrk,

I really enjoyed looking at the pictures you posted. The framesets on the RS 2003, Giles Berthoud, and the Rivendell looked nice enough to chew on. I must say that I liked the blue and white RS and the Serotta CSi the best. What stem is that on the blue and white Richard Sachs? That is really beautiful.

Did you rent the cat in the background of the picture of the Rambouillet? The cat's colors seem to match the colors of the bike so well. Color coordinated cat????

Sandy

PanTerra
02-19-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by dbrk
I don't mean to draw any attention to myself with this post, honest. But so many pals have asked to see pictures of some of my bikes. I've long had a yahoo photos site and you can find examples from Singer, Mariposa, Sachs, Herse, Berthoud, Serotta and others there, including some modern bikes. I believe the direct URL is:
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dvicakrababa/my_photos

However, if you go to Yahoo, then photos, you can sign in looking for my nom de guerre: dvicakrababa (that's Sanskrit for "two-wheel daddio" [add Maynard G. Crebbs meets Appu inflection] for those who care to get the joke).

Anyway, it's winter and we all enjoy the pictures, I think. Given the new Velonews, count on more pictures and less content, so I am at least in that company today.

dbrk

Here is the direct URL, the one you provided kept kicking me off.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/dvicakrababa/

oops, when I click on an album, it kicks me off, again. How are y'all looking at them?

dbrk
02-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Actually the link you provided works fine for me. Anyone else having trouble?

If you go to yahoo.com, then to photos, then use my name as the guide to the album you want to see, it should work this way too: the name to use is dvicakrababa.

sorry for the hassle,
dbrk

PanTerra
02-19-2004, 02:14 PM
not having any luck, clicking on photos goes to my own photo page, and I don't even have on. Either that or I get the error message with page not found. So i am sure they are great pics, but maybe some secuity setting is set too high on my computer to view it. This is what I keep getting

http://www.internet-optimizer.com/Help/NavigationError/?e=ERRDNS&u=http%3A//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dvicakrababa/my_photos&cls=wsi8&rid=r01

victork
02-19-2004, 05:40 PM
Thanks for sharing. Wow, what a stable. I really love the colors of the Richard SACHs, and also the detail on the Rivendall. The Rivendall needs to be hanging on a wall somewhere.

PanTerra
02-19-2004, 06:02 PM
It works now, they do look great, I am partial to the CSi, though.

rnhood
02-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Many fine, fine looking machines here. Of course I can't imagine a more quintessential bicycle than any of those Alex Singer's. Understated yet so definitive. A stunning display of steel in it's most eloquent form.

jbay
02-22-2004, 10:39 PM
Sandy asked:
What stem is that on the blue and white Richard Sachs? That is really beautiful.

Sandy,

Not to step into Douglas' shoes or anything, but it's a 3T Mutant stem.

-- John

dbrk
02-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Sorry for the late reply and thanks to all for the kind comments. jbay has the stem right: that's a custom painte Mutant. This bike went through several stem iterations including another TTT model painted custom, one less...uhh...droopy (the model escapes me).

There aren't many Sachs painted this white with blue and it's a great, great color. I recommend it to anyone who is thinking of something other than red. This bike too was built to my own rather aggressive racing aspirations. I've since "retired" from such racing and have passed it along to a good soul.

My next Sachs is now less than 20 months away...I hope.

dbrk
can't have too many of these bikes, trust me...

Russ
02-22-2004, 11:35 PM
DBRK,

If you (continue to have) problems with yahoo, send me a CD with your pictures and I will put them on a server for all to see, high resolution and all.

Let me know.

bags27
02-23-2004, 08:45 AM
The bikes are magnificent, as we'd expect. But the little girl in the last picture, well...she's the prettiest of all!