PDA

View Full Version : Nove?

tch
08-23-2005, 08:34 AM
WIth the Meivici coming on and adding to Serotta's line-up, I am curious about the Nove model. It has seemed like a poor cousin for a while: our own Smiley has proclaimed it "no Ottrot", and nobody on this forum speaks of owning one or buying one. It's expensive, but at this level do people economize or do they simply go for the Ottrot? Anyone know if it is selling? Anyone here have one? Or will it also be dropped from the line?
I'm just curious; I'm not in the market.

RedCoeurd'Acier
08-23-2005, 09:08 AM
I believe the Nove is selling. My Serotta dealer told me he was building one upabout a week or so ago. I would think they would keep it in the line-up, because not too many folks are going to get a Mevici or Ottrott at those prices. This model to me, would work very well, because it custom built to your weight and riding style. Its also lighter than steel. One fellow got one from overseas, posted on here, and he really liked it, saying that it climbed really really well!!

Frustration
08-23-2005, 10:21 AM
I have a new Nove up and rolling and it sits right next to last years Ottrot ST. It's built up differently and is under 15 lbs, so in that sense, it's "no Ottrot". It's also different Geometry and ride tune...

Everyone here knows the little difs between the two on paper, but with the new Carbon tubes, the performance difs might not be as big as some folks think. I would hate to piss off any superior-feeling Ottrot owners, but you may not have a 20 - 25% better bike than "lesser" Nove owners, especially if you have an older Ottrot.

I would not be affraid to pull the trigger on the lower price point for fear of anything in particular. Hopefully replies will come from folks who don't lack the perspective of having both built to spec...

JohnS
08-23-2005, 10:54 AM
I have a new Nove up and rolling and it sits right next to last years Ottrot ST. It's built up differently and is under 15 lbs, so in that sense, it's "no Ottrot". It's also different Geometry and ride tune...

Everyone here knows the little difs between the two on paper, but with the new Carbon tubes, the performance difs might not be as big as some folks think. I would hate to piss off any superior-feeling Ottrot owners, but you may not have a 20 - 25% better bike than "lesser" Nove owners, especially if you have an older Ottrot.

I would not be affraid to pull the trigger on the lower price point for fear of anything in particular. Hopefully replies will come from folks who don't lack the perspective of having both built to spec...
Under 15lbs? What's it built with?

Kevin
08-24-2005, 06:01 AM
Under 15lbs? What's it built with?

Bamboo.

Kevin

700 x 23c
08-24-2005, 08:34 AM
I too own a Nove. I have no idea if the model is selling. I don't see any on the roads, and I do see pleanty of Serotta's. Where does it fit in the Serotta line? Good question. For me, it was the Legend or the Nove. My fitter suggested the Nove and I went with his opionion. If Serotta wants to make an even exchange....my Nove for their new M-carbon setup, I would be up for it (James?).

No complaints with the bike here. I never rode an Ottrott, or any other Serotta for that matter, so I can't compare them. No regrets buying the Nove, unless Serotta decides to discontinue it :no: :)

15 lbs? I can't really recall the numbers, but I think when I weighed mine nude, it was around 17 or 18 (Ksyrium and mostly DA) and with the bag and water, the number was around 20. It's funny how weight just isn't an issue once you enjoy riding the bike. If it weighed 25 lbs, but rode like it does, it would be fine by me.