PDA

View Full Version : Cycling Clothes for Baby Boomers

russ46
03-08-2012, 01:53 PM
I’ve been on a quest lately to improve my cold weather cycling clothes, taking advantage of the winter clearance sales. Unfortunately, I’m beginning to acquire a rather severe inferiority complex after a experiencing a number of sizing rejections. I’m feeling my kind-of-in-shape body type is unloved by the manufacturers of cycling clothing. While I’m perfect for LL Bean, it’s another story when searching for that perfect fitting jersey, jacket or tight. It seems that there is a circumference and length variance between me and the perfect body type used by clothing manufacturers. Basically, if the piece is round enough then it’s too long and if it’s short enough my internal organs are squished. Anyone else have this problem or know of manufacturers who cater to Baby Boomer’s slightly less than svelte body shapes?

54ny77
03-08-2012, 01:58 PM
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=103279

jr59
03-08-2012, 01:59 PM
nm

bart998
03-08-2012, 03:03 PM
recently picked up a few things from Kucharik (kucharik.com) that fit well (XL). They have good wool and cotton items along with spandex stuff. Prices are better than Rapha and others that I have seen. Plus they are nearby, so I can go into their loc for their sale rack! So far, I'm happy.

Steve in SLO
03-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Road Holland jerseys have a somewhat casual fit and may fit the bill.

54ny77
03-08-2012, 03:33 PM
i got myself a couple garneau "vancouver" jerseys and they're cut in a, shall we say, relaxed & comfortable fit. actually, they're quite roomy, and i have a medium. i'm trying to shrink 'em in the dryer just a tad. :bike:

echelon_john
03-08-2012, 03:54 PM
bouré

very generous, true sizing.

i'm not a baby boomer, but am a big dude at 6'6" 250+/- and their stuff really fits well. made in USA too!

Hawker
03-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Agree completely with the OP. I'm 132 lbs but at 62 gravity is having it's effect and even many club fit jerseys show off more of my gut than I'd like. And at 5'5" if I buy a Medium for the extra girth then it is waay too long.

That said, I've found some Performance jerseys can fit a bit looser. I think some of the custom folks are missing a market here especially with all the boomers out there.

rain dogs
03-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Custom wool jerseys from Cima Coppi Cycle Wear.

http://www.cimacoppi.ca

Made in Canada
You choose your size and specify the length.