PDA

View Full Version : When to pull the trigger?

rpkm
08-22-2005, 08:41 AM
Test rode an Ottrott this past weekend and fell in love with it! LBS wants me to test ride a few other makes. My question is this. Do I purchase now or wait a while to see what next years model has to offer?

csb
08-22-2005, 08:52 AM
on the third breath exhale 1/2, then squeeze.

with a skatter-gun lead and pull.

Argos
08-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Well, the Ottrott won't be changing in the next month, and I think the biggest change coming is going to be the Meivici, also a Serotta. I do not know of, or think, and groundbreaking custom frames are going to come out that can top either the Ottrott or the Meivici, but what is the harm in waiting 4 weeks for interbike?

Also, you may or may not see alot of components in the next 4-8 weeks. Keep in mind tha some may not be available for up to 6 months. The shows are sometimes a debut and the spring is the release.

There is nothing wrong with waiting, if you are patient, but there is also nothing wrong with what is out now.

Sandy
08-22-2005, 09:02 AM
Why not call up Serotta and see if there will be any changes. If not go for it now. It might be cheaper now than next year. I would doubt that Serotta made much or any change on the Ottrott, since the emphasis has been in the Meivici. They only have so much time. You might wantt to try a few more makes. You have nothing to lose doing that.

Sandy

Smiley
08-22-2005, 09:32 AM
No change to the ottrott other then price , don't wait .

Johny
08-22-2005, 09:35 AM
No change to the ottrott other then price , don't wait .

Speechless...

JohnS
08-22-2005, 09:53 AM
Speechless...
Yep. Now all those people who were going to buy an Ottrott will be saying "for only X dollars more, I can get a Meivici. It's not as big of a difference as it used to be".

JohnS
08-22-2005, 09:55 AM

with a skatter-gun lead and pull.
The correct answer is:when the sights are on the target. Most shooters I know exhale their whole breath.

Argos
08-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Yep. Now all those people who were going to buy an Ottrott will be saying "for only X dollars more, I can get a Meivici. It's not as big of a difference as it used to be".

I think it haas to do more with the world situation.

Moderization in China and India, the shortage of and scramble for carbon Fiber. The cost of oil, impacting the shipping costs in recieving raw materials.

Guys in the bike business are using carbon, but once someone like Boeing steps in..... How many OCLV's can you make out of one of those wings! Sorry, Meivici's, you get my point.

Serotta sets their prices and then holds them all year, regardless of the economic enviroment. It's not like the Ottrott is going up 1g. It'll go up $100-$200. Seriously, if you are buying an Ottrott, what's $200. Again, they are not ripping you off, they are covering costs.

csb
08-22-2005, 10:35 AM
The correct answer is:when the sights are on the target. Most shooters I know exhale their whole breath.

starting to squeeze 1/2 way through your 3rd breath will allow
you to have exhaled the entire third breath, by which time the trigger
will have traveled almost completely through its arc and be ready
to fire. this, of course is done when the target is sighted with a rifle,
and only with great exception when using a shot gun.

Fixed
08-22-2005, 10:38 AM
If you love it bring it home.Cheers

JohnS
08-22-2005, 10:55 AM
starting to squeeze 1/2 way through your 3rd breath will allow
you to have exhaled the entire third breath, by which time the trigger
will have traveled almost completely through its arc and be ready
to fire. this, of course is done when the target is sighted with a rifle,
and only with great exception when using a shot gun.
Naw. In highpower rifle competition you hold your breath. The target is too precise and small to let breathing screw with your aim. The ten ring at 600 yds is only 12" and you don't have a scope.

Kevan
08-22-2005, 11:38 AM
Sandy could use some pointers. What's the rule on breathing if you're still using a sling?

JohnS
08-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Sandy could use some pointers. What's the rule on breathing if you're still using a sling?
Any rifleman worth anything uses a sling whenever possible. What Sandy uses a sling for, I don't want to know. :)

csb
08-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Naw. In highpower rifle competition you hold your breath. The target is too precise and small to let breathing screw with your aim. The ten ring at 600 yds is only 12" and you don't have a scope.

i think u + eye are agreeing, just that i was describing how to set up
for holding your breath. holding your breath in this case is holding
your lungs empty, opposite to how most people inhale and hold
prior to going underwater.

JohnS
08-22-2005, 01:46 PM
i think u + eye are agreeing, just that i was describing how to set up
for holding your breath. holding your breath in this case is holding
your lungs empty, opposite to how most people inhale and hold
prior to going underwater.
Otay!

Sandy
08-22-2005, 03:09 PM

You don't bother me one bit. I am having too much fun. I just found out last week that the sling works a lot better with rocks or stones. :p

Slingshot Sandy

csb
08-22-2005, 08:01 PM

i can not take credit for this: for some, this is how they take a dump