PDA

View Full Version : Road route suggestions near Mt. Snow, VT

SManning
08-22-2005, 07:23 AM
Hi Everyone-

I'm going to Mt. Snow for NORBA Nationals this week. Due to recent injuries and a cracked frame, my coach and I won't be racing; we're going to ride the Mtn. bike course, race the short track, support teammates and get some road riding in as well.

Since we're going to the expense and trouble to take both bikes; I'd really appreciate some suggestions for routes around Mt. Snow. My teammates and I are staying right at the base of Mt. Snow and we'd prefer to ride from the condo. It looks like there's some wonderful riding around there with climbs that we don't have in Southeast Michigan. It would also be great training for the Tour De Leelanau.

Thanks-
Sarah

inGobwetrust
08-22-2005, 08:55 AM
I know that area pretty well. How long of a ride are you looking for?

SManning
08-22-2005, 09:18 AM
I am looking for a 1 1/2-2 hour ride, a 2-3 hour ride and another 2 hour ride. My coach is pretty fast, (Cat 3, almost ready for a Cat 2 upgrade), I race Cat 3, so he'll be pulling me along. I'm guessing we'll be able to cover some pretty decent ground, depending on how well I'm climbing.

Is that enough information?

Thanks for your help.

Sarah

ClutchCargo
08-22-2005, 09:42 AM
South on Rte. 100 from Mt. Snow.
After about 2 miles (not sure of the disctance), make a left onto ValleyView Road. this will give you a nice climb of about 3 miles or so, I think. It's not the App Gap or anything, but not a bad climb. at the top you'll look out onto an open field. Stay on Valley View Road as it veers to the right (not Cheney Brook). This becomes Cooper Hill, then you will want to go right on Holland, then right on Dover Hill, which takes you back to Rte. 100, a little down from where you turned onto Valley View. Head north back to your condo.
I think the whole thing is 25 - 30 miles.

Coming back north on 100 you can add a loop by making a left onto Crosstown (it's opposite Valley View), which takes you up a nice but not too long climb past the golf course. just stay on the road and you come back out on 100 (by this time your road is named "Country Club Road". make the left and you're headed north again.

One of the guys at Alpine Traders on Rte. 100 just south of the mountain should be able to give you another route.

ride on!