PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla

george
08-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Does anyone own, rode or know any experinces of theese highly hand crafted lugged steel beauties? http://www.vanillabicycles.com/

Serotta PETE
08-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Know two that own them and love them.....Two others to look at are the Kirk and Sachs.

flydhest
08-21-2005, 02:07 PM
own one, love it, Sacha is great to work with and chat with and all stuff like that. He's a good guy who does good work.

chrisroph
08-21-2005, 03:47 PM
I've got a track vanilla. It's stunning to ride and to look at.

e-RICHIE
08-21-2005, 03:54 PM
the archives work well:
http://forums.thepaceline.net/search.php?searchid=92497

tbushnel
08-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Any chance you would post pics of your Vanilla track bike? It sounds awesome.
Ted.
:banana:

stackie
08-21-2005, 05:43 PM
I have two. Loved one, went around again for fixie. Ditto what Fly said. Sacha is a great guy who has a true passion for beautiful bikes. Very much the perfectionist. I had him build me a custom stem for my fixie. I wanted it shiny. Original plan was to nickel plate it. Would not come back perfect enough for Sacha after a couple of attempts. I asked him to just send it to me, but he wouldn't. He built new one and polished it to a mirror finish. I think mine might be the one that he mentions in his journal as the decision-maker to stop doing these. Anyway, it doesn't leave his shop until it's perfect.

Stackie

Tom Byrnes
08-21-2005, 06:25 PM
I have the beautiful light green touring bike shown on his website as Touring Bike #1. As Jon (Stackie) and Flydhest stated, Sach is great to work with. I intend to order another bike from him in the (hopefully) not too distant future.

Tom

IXXI
08-21-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm lucky enough to have a Vanilla too-- mine's the orange fixed gear in his track section. It is my first true custom and he's certainly set the bar really high. Sacha's such a down to earth guy, such a natural, and its great to see someone as talented as he is flourish the way he has.

Andy

Kirk Pacenti
08-21-2005, 07:11 PM
http://www.bikelugs.com/pacentigallery/vanilla_gallery/index.html

vandeda
08-21-2005, 09:00 PM
ugh ... Sacha was supposed to start working on mine. But, I can't get him measurements (see "good fitters in eastern ny" thread) because I can't get my fitting done ... I broke my pinky toe pretty bad today and can't get on a bike :(

But, I've yet to hear someone say anything bad about one of his creations. And he seems very personable and fun to deal with, he was very understanding when I just called him and said "uhhh ... Sacha, I can't get you fit numbers 'cause I can't be on a bike, broke my toe" haha. Great guy!

Just be prepared to wait about a year to get one of his creations though
Dan

stackie
08-21-2005, 09:25 PM
IXXI

Your Vanilla is awesome. I've ldrooled over that one on his site many times. I love mine dearly, but went a little more plain. A Molteni-ish orange with light blue panels (Sacha's well thought out suggestion). No stainless lugs. Ir really should post some pics one of these days.

Stackie