PDA

View Full Version : pollen season is back

Fixed
03-01-2012, 08:40 AM
there is a green dust everywhere, around here .
Sinuses are clogging all over.
cheers

J.Greene
03-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Yes, spring has sprung in Orlando. I woke up thinking that today was the day in high school that we'd make a game day decision in the parking lot before the last bell rang to skip school and go to the beach.

ultraman6970
03-01-2012, 02:21 PM
The only way to fix the problem is to get something with steroids like fluticasone for example or rinocort (talk with the nose, ear and throat doc), to me after centuries using darn pills I went with the nasal spray, that i used maybe twice in the whole season now, last year i did not use it at all. For the record I was one of the guys who woke up at night with asthma type of attacks due to darn pollen, even the watery eyes went bye bye after the nasal spray. Sucks to use the device but the relief at least for me was almost instantaneous.

Obviously if you are racing ask the doctor.

Joel
03-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah, mid-state...coughing like a three pack a day smoker...

weiwentg
03-01-2012, 02:38 PM
for me, it's not just the sinuses, I also wheeze on hard efforts. in fact, sometimes my chest is tight even when I'm not exercising, so I have to carry an inhaler around. it's not that bad, but it did keep me back last season.

eddief
03-01-2012, 02:45 PM
generic Claritin and Flonase. works pretty well for me. start a month before the flows begin.

gemship
03-01-2012, 03:11 PM
there is a green dust everywhere, around here .
Sinuses are clogging all over.
cheers

is this the norm for this time of year in Florida? Seems a month or so too soon.

Patrick!
03-01-2012, 03:39 PM
its pretty bad here as well

MattTuck
03-01-2012, 03:46 PM
It's snowing outside my office window. :crap: Atleast you can ride.

67-59
03-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Dry roads and mild (fyi - mild for me is 35 degrees with light wind) here in southeast Minnesota...and still no sign of pollen.

Closing in on 1,000 miles since January 1. That doesn't usually happen around here until May.

:banana:

Fixed
03-01-2012, 04:41 PM
is this the norm for this time of year in Florida? Seems a month or so too soon.
it has been a warm winter
cheers

mid 80's today :beer:

kgreene10
03-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Do I have a pollen story for you! I'm on every med you can imagine plus recent sinus surgery, plus weekly shots. I've been getting shots for two years now. Today I went in for my routine injections, but a minute after they went in, I started to feel pretty bad -- itchy eyes, heat rising, acid reflux, beet red face, then swelling, then difficulty breathing.

I went to the nurse immediately who got that fake-calm look as she rushed for the doc. Within another couple of minutes they had Pulp Fictioned me with adrenaline and had me on oxygen and albuterol. I improved really quickly and ten minutes later felt close to normal, but sheesh! The net effect is to feel a little more vulnerable and miss today's workout. They say I should be good to go tomorrow and fine for this weekend's races.

No explanation for why it happened except they say that in rare instances, allergens in the environment can make people go into anaphylactic shock from previously tolerated doses of allergy treatment.

Fixed
03-01-2012, 06:14 PM
glad you came through it
safely .
cheers :beer: