PDA

View Full Version : welcome back old friends

Fixed
03-01-2012, 07:21 AM
sachs . grant . viper
nice to see you a lot of knowledge there .
thanks cheers :beer:

rounder
03-01-2012, 07:42 AM
hear, hear!

Smiley
03-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Really I thought that dude was exiled for life like Ricado Montabhan was when he was the Alien on Star Trek, ofcourse if Viper is truly back he will recite the exact epidode that this happened on cause we all know Viper is a big fan of Capt Kirk :)

rwsaunders
03-01-2012, 08:38 AM
Really I thought that dude was exiled for life like Ricado Montabhan was when he was the Alien on Star Trek, ofcourse if Viper is truly back he will recite the exact epidode that this happened on cause we all know Viper is a big fan of Capt Kirk :)

Even Dr. Mudd eventually made it back from the Dry Tortuga's....

Chance
03-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Wrath of Khan - movie

Before that in series - maybe about Botany Bay? Human though, no alien.

Viper
03-01-2012, 10:19 AM
I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames. Command of prose is my first, best destiny. Anything else is a waste of material.

Hola amigos. Living is art. Set phasers to stun.

54ny77
03-01-2012, 10:38 AM
"has anyone seen my mansierre?"

http://kara.allthingsd.com/files/2009/01/wrath-of-kahn-2.jpg

Elefantino
03-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Welcome back, all.

This place is still as cool as ever, present company excepted.

Wish we were all at NAHBS.

Smiley
03-01-2012, 12:55 PM
I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perditions flames. Command of prose is my first, best destiny. Anything else is a waste of material.

Hola amigos. Living is art. Set phasers to stun.

Viper my man, welcome back, now more star wars trivia please :)

William
03-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Viper my man, welcome back, now more star wars trivia please :)

It's possible, but I won't be sure until he answers my question. Even Quint was sure he couldn't go down with three barrels...not with three barrels on he can't. ;)

William

Earl Gray
03-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Welcome Back Viper!

gdw
03-01-2012, 02:01 PM
"Welcome Back Viper!"
+1. Is Girlie returning too?

saab2000
03-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Where is Your Friend?

Louis
03-01-2012, 02:16 PM
I too welcome Viper back, he was a fun part of the forum that I enjoyed reading, but as a recipient of at least one of them, let's hope his threatening PM's are a thing of the past. That sort of stuff is not acceptable in this community.

Louis

SoCalSteve
03-01-2012, 02:23 PM
I too welcome Viper back, he was a fun part of the forum that I enjoyed reading, but as a recipient of at least one of them, let's hope his threatening PM's are a thing of the past. That sort of stuff is not acceptable in this community.

Louis

If anything like this happens again, let one of the Mods know and it will be taken care of swiftly.

Thank you!

Earl Gray
03-01-2012, 03:40 PM

Louis

I want a threatening PM. How scary can a threat from a nameless person on the internet be? :bike:

fiamme red
03-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Where is Lifelover? ;)

gemship
03-01-2012, 03:58 PM
I always thought the the squirrel person with really small text was the Viper. :o

Bruce K
03-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Lifelover is gone and probably (I never say never) won't be back.

I have seen girlie fairly regularly during cross season as she is back in race mode for cyclocross. I sincerely doubt she will return given what went on back then. I am going to try and get her to the Rhode Island Ramble but we'll see.

BK

gemship
03-01-2012, 03:59 PM
I want a threatening PM. How scary can a threat from a nameless person on the internet be? :bike:

it would certainly have me pause and be worth a laugh :p

Mr. Squirrel
03-01-2012, 04:01 PM
I always thought the the squirrel person with really small text was the Viper. :o

dear mr. gem, i have been called a snake before. i am not a snake, i am a Sciurus Carolinenis silly.

mr. squirrel

gemship
03-01-2012, 04:03 PM
dear mr. gem, i have been called a snake before. i am not a snake, i am a Sciurus Carolinenis silly.

mr. squirrel

I'm sorry. Well understood. As for my reasoning it just seemed plausible given the timing of Viper's exit and your entrance.

Many,many thousand pardons...

Louis
03-01-2012, 05:12 PM

PM sent. ;)

Smiley
03-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Is what this place has become :banana:

But Viper my man has been released from jail and he is now back in the community.

csm
03-01-2012, 05:38 PM
yea Viper is back!

majorpat
03-01-2012, 06:33 PM
You CAN go home again!

chuckroast
03-01-2012, 07:05 PM
I always enjoyed Viper's ride reports, I hope he resumes them.

And welcome back to all.

duke
03-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Hey Viper!
Send me a threatening email so I can be scared too. I feel like I missed something.
Best Regards,
duke

Viper
03-01-2012, 07:13 PM
it would certainly have me pause and be worth a laugh :p

It's okay. I am sure Louis "threatened" me as well and I forgive him. I am not afraid of the occult but I am of cults. I thank folks like SoCal who monitors all lawns for weeds. Never got into The Beatles, but let it be. Fyi, The Who were my first cassette and The Stones were my first 45.

Viper
03-01-2012, 07:14 PM
I always enjoyed Viper's ride reports, I hope he resumes them.

And welcome back to all.

Stay tuned bro.

maunahaole
03-01-2012, 07:17 PM
I want the ride report where Viper rides D2R2 in his Imperial Stormtrooper suit. Leave the Vader getup at home, the cape will get caught up in the spokes.

Louis
03-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Kiss, kiss, and make up. :)

William
03-01-2012, 09:16 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dCrSEMhf29Q/TyLDQtryZII/AAAAAAAACtE/ne4XvezURz8/s1600/stormtrooper_child.jpg

People let me tell you 'bout my best friend,
He's a warm hearted person who'll love me till the end.
People let me tell you bout my best friend,
He's a one boy cuddly toy, my up, my down, my pride and joy.

People let me tell you 'bout him he's so much fun
Whether we're talkin' man to man or whether we're talking son to son.
Cause he's my best friend.
Yes he's my best friend.
La la la la-lala, la la la la-lala......

William ;)

Viper
03-01-2012, 11:29 PM
sachs . grant . viper
nice to see you a lot of knowledge there .
thanks cheers :beer:

March 1st
Time to put up your green
And publicize St. Patrick's Day
A holiday hijacked by beer
So people can forget
Make mind dry
Make mouth wet
Never been wasted on that day
Seems as much sense to me
As heading down to 'Jersey Shore' set
And tanning with Snooki
Fake tan
Drink
Drunk pride
People bake in the image
Themselves
All things their ego
Can't cook with that lie
Ride a bike
Take yourself for a ride
People don't scratch eachother's backs
They pat them
We're all so great
Facebook
Bait
DWI's down the road
Unresolved grief
Victimization
Spurs the opposite
Self-celebrity
It starts on a dirt road
Ends in the city
Be busy
Be pretty
We take our own photos
And Mac'em with Jobs' p-shop
Gotta look the deal
Be fake
Pretend real
Jobs didn't do electronic
He listened to static rival
Fifties vinyl
But wear your green
When it should be black
Don't ever kneel
Your sailboat's leaning to port
Lost its keel
Eat
New York Pizza
You tried all the rest
Now have the best
Eat your own cheese
For one day
Please
Just one day a year
Be real
Please

cliffs with lyrics: so people can figure out (screen on wall behind band tells it via image):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxIOtLYvF7c

Sandy
03-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Welcome back!!!!

Sandy

Sandy
03-02-2012, 12:22 AM
I do hope that girlie returns, for multiple reasons.

Sandy

Viper
03-02-2012, 06:10 AM
Welcome back!!!!

Sandy

Hello Old Friend,

Do you recall? My first post in v1.0 Forum was a poem I wrote for you, when you had a break-up, separation, falling out with a friend you walked away from.

I remember.

I am more than just a looker.

Good morning, pat your dog hello.

Regards,
(Viper)

Viper
03-02-2012, 11:53 AM
It's possible, but I won't be sure until he answers my question. Even Quint was sure he couldn't go down with three barrels...not with three barrels on he can't. ;)

William

When you didn't see my barrels or my footsteps in your RI sand (alongside your size 14 flip flop) I was still with you.

William
03-02-2012, 12:27 PM
When you didn't see my barrels or my footsteps in your RI sand (alongside your size 14 flip flop) I was still with you.

Aye, that be Ishmael,
Good-humored, easy, and careless, he presided over this forum as if the most deadly encounter were but a dinner, and his crew all invited guests. He is as particular about the comfortable arrangement of his postings, as an old stage-driver is about the snugness of his box. When close to the danger, in the very death-lock of the fight, he handled his unpitying lance coolly and off-handedly, as a whistling tinker his hammer. He would hum over his old rigadig tunes while flank and flank with the most exasperated monster. Long usage had, for this poster of yore, converted the jaws of death into an easy chair.

William

rounder
03-02-2012, 10:48 PM
i don't understand all of the starwars mumbojumbo. But for me, the Forum is getting better. Welcome back Viper.

Viper
03-03-2012, 02:57 PM
i don't understand all of the starwars mumbojumbo. But for me, the Forum is getting better. Welcome back Viper.

rounder,

Hope you are enjoying those Lance racing dvd's.

I have pics of me as Obi Wan, trick-or-treating with my nephews. They got the candy and hooked Uncle up with all their Milky Ways bars. I swear it's not a sci-fi thing, I just dig the caramel. I am a fool for cinnamon related objects as well as caramel.

Thank you.

Fixed
03-03-2012, 03:38 PM
cryptography
cheers

RIHans
03-03-2012, 11:35 PM
I was wondering where Mr.(Viper) was. We be buds in cyberspace.

Turns out, he never left.

TMB
03-03-2012, 11:51 PM
March 1st
Time to put up your green
And publicize St. Patrick's Day
A holiday hijacked by beer
So people can forget
Make mind dry
Make mouth wet
Never been wasted on that day
Seems as much sense to me
As heading down to 'Jersey Shore' set
And tanning with Snooki
Fake tan
Drink
Drunk pride
People bake in the image
Themselves
All things their ego
Can't cook with that lie
Ride a bike
Take yourself for a ride
People don't scratch eachother's backs
They pat them
We're all so great
Facebook
Bait
DWI's down the road
Unresolved grief
Victimization
Spurs the opposite
Self-celebrity
It starts on a dirt road
Ends in the city
Be busy
Be pretty
We take our own photos
And Mac'em with Jobs' p-shop
Gotta look the deal
Be fake
Pretend real
Jobs didn't do electronic
He listened to static rival
Fifties vinyl
But wear your green
When it should be black
Don't ever kneel
Your sailboat's leaning to port
Lost its keel
Eat
New York Pizza
You tried all the rest
Now have the best
Eat your own cheese
For one day
Please
Just one day a year
Be real
Please

cliffs with lyrics: so people can figure out (screen on wall behind band tells it via image):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxIOtLYvF7c

All doubt is removed. That IS Viper.

Viper
03-05-2012, 09:00 PM
All doubt is removed. That IS Viper.

Doubt

Mac four fingered swipe
Or five fingered pinch
Everyone so bold
Like a Starbuck's Venti
Whatever happened to doubt
Words like "can we?"

Everyone's so certain
So damned sure
Forced quit
Even Google gets bored

All these years later
And everyone knows so much
Facebooking, tweeting
Clicking, taping, flicking
Control, alt, delete
Frozen
But no disbelieving

The inner's self check
Everyone's switching
From one app to the other
Electronic seeds sowing
We're all so much closer
Yet infidelity keeps growing

We frown upon the questionmark
We only disbelieve others
And never the daylight mirror
High
On themselves
Ambien to sleep
Facebook crowd
Zuckerburg sheep
Chewing gum in the tree
Boo Radley Scout

William
03-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Doubt was removed when Ishmael spoke.

William

fiamme red
03-06-2012, 11:59 AM
All doubt is removed. That IS Viper.I don't know, I still haven't seen any references to Jonathan Livingston Seagull. :)

Viper
03-06-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't know, I still haven't seen any references to Jonathan Livingston Seagull. :)

The book is about two things. Not three or one. Two.

1). To always strive for self-perfection.
2). To understand love.

That is all.

The Seagull hath spoken.

PS: Thank you for remembering. Always a great thought.

:beer:

fiamme red
03-06-2012, 01:05 PM
The book is about two things. Not three or one. Two.

1). To always strive for self-perfection.
2). To understand love.

That is all.

The Seagull hath spoken.

PS: Thank you for remembering. Always a great thought.

:beer:All doubt is now removed. Viper has returned. :)

Viper
03-06-2012, 01:20 PM
All doubt is now removed. Viper has returned. :)

soundtrack for the above montage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iA1tS9n-kU&feature=related

;)

BBB
03-06-2012, 06:27 PM
That's a nice bike (the DeSalvo).

thwart
03-06-2012, 07:06 PM
That's a nice bike (the DeSalvo).
Very nice.

Good to see you back, and hopefully having lotsa fun on that thing.

Viper
03-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Very nice.

Good to see you back, and hopefully having lotsa fun on that thing.

Thank you amigo. I believe there's a piece or two of yours on that bike. :)

I may leave work early tomorrow and ride out to the beach for sunset. Spent the summer on the track, did 400m in 1:07. Not bad for an old guy. Lotsa golf too, but now it's almost cycling season. I am having Mike DeSalvo build some steel forks. I never felt right about the carbon forks. They're just not me.

Viper
04-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Aye, that be Ishmael,
Good-humored, easy, and careless, he presided over this forum as if the most deadly encounter were but a dinner, and his crew all invited guests. He is as particular about the comfortable arrangement of his postings, as an old stage-driver is about the snugness of his box. When close to the danger, in the very death-lock of the fight, he handled his unpitying lance coolly and off-handedly, as a whistling tinker his hammer. He would hum over his old rigadig tunes while flank and flank with the most exasperated monster. Long usage had, for this poster of yore, converted the jaws of death into an easy chair.

William

Join me, I have ye pipe, tobacco, cognac and be my guest aboard the SS Paceline. Together we shall crush the White Whale and maybe Mother Russia while we're in port:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/23/11352521-all-white-killer-whale-spotted-off-russias-east-coast?lite

William
04-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Join me, I have ye pipe, tobacco, cognac and be my guest aboard the SS Paceline. Together we shall crush the White Whale and maybe Mother Russia while we're in port:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/23/11352521-all-white-killer-whale-spotted-off-russias-east-coast?lite

"Unconsciously my chirography expands into placard capitals. Give me a condor’s quill! Give me Vesuvius’ crater for an inkstand! Friends, hold my arms! For in the mere act of penning my thoughts of this Leviathan, they weary me, and make me faint with their outreaching comprehensiveness of sweep, as if to include the whole circle of the sciences, and all the generations of whales, and men, and mastodons, past, present, and to come, with all the revolving panoramas of empire on earth, and throughout the whole universe, not excluding its suburbs. Such, and so magnifying, is the virtue of a large and liberal theme! We expand to its bulk." In other words.....That's cool!!!;):D:cool:

William

Viper
04-23-2012, 02:27 PM
"Unconsciously my chirography expands into placard capitals. Give me a condor’s quill! Give me Vesuvius’ crater for an inkstand! Friends, hold my arms! For in the mere act of penning my thoughts of this Leviathan, they weary me, and make me faint with their outreaching comprehensiveness of sweep, as if to include the whole circle of the sciences, and all the generations of whales, and men, and mastodons, past, present, and to come, with all the revolving panoramas of empire on earth, and throughout the whole universe, not excluding its suburbs. Such, and so magnifying, is the virtue of a large and liberal theme! We expand to its bulk." In other words.....That's cool!!!;):D:cool:

William

"To produce a mighty book, you must choose a mighty theme. No great and enduring volume can ever be written on the flea, though many there be who have tried it."

rounder
04-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Still, have no idea what all the mumbojumbo is about, but have some sort of unquestioned faith that these are some kind of our leaders. I don't remember exactly... Bob Dylan said...don't follow leaders, pay the parking meters.

efleigh
04-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Thank you amigo. I believe there's a piece or two of yours on that bike. :)

I may leave work early tomorrow and ride out to the beach for sunset. Spent the summer on the track, did 400m in 1:07. Not bad for an old guy. Lotsa golf too, but now it's almost cycling season. I am having Mike DeSalvo build some steel forks. I never felt right about the carbon forks. They're just not me.

just curious what kind of track bike you ride? which velodrome?

slowgoing
04-23-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm glad Sandy's back. Not that he went anywhere else, just didn't post as much for a while.

Welcome back Sandy!

Viper
04-23-2012, 09:33 PM
Still, have no idea what all the mumbojumbo is about, but have some sort of unquestioned faith that these are some kind of our leaders. I don't remember exactly... Bob Dylan said...don't follow leaders, pay the parking meters.

My friend, there are perhaps twenty books I believe everyone should read. 'The Sea Wolf' and 'Moby Dick' are two. There is something about sailing, vessels, ships and the time spent riding the Big Blue Sea. Aboard the ship, your feet move, while the ship moves, as the wind moves, as the ocean moves. Everything is moving and it stirs the mind, your spirit; from your first step on deck, unsteady, away from the pillars of the dock, you are reminded of the vulnerable positions far from shore. On the sea nothing is sure, certain, except experience, the confident-knowing you've sailed before and made it home, you'll do it again. Friends, those who you can share this voyage with, who you entrust with the sheets, halyards or wheel, your life, a bond is forged. Melville might describe this as, "A bosom friend." Perhaps your father, mother, parents or family showed you the pond, lake or sea, nobody finds it alone.

Looking over your shoulder at the horizon, then peering down and realizing, we came from the ocean, this salty Milky Way. Your mind is cluttered reflecting on your own history or future, while at other times your mind has never been so quiet. There are no pedals, brakes or method to stop movement, you must move or be tipped over, so you grab the lines and pull or ease, tighten or luff and remember: a rope is just a rope until it's given a function, purpose and then it becomes a line.

Staring at the ocean from the sandy dunes, one can unplug into a mental control, alt, delete and when the shoreline disappears from sight, over your shoulder on that starboard reach, there is comfortable chaos. Farming, hunting game on foot or working the water for food. Spend enough time on the ocean and you'll see everything and it'll see you.

There are a handful of books to read, own, file and if you care to share one of those books with someone, hand them the hardcopy version. No softcovers. The book, like its words and meaning should last, endure and the firm case of the hardcover reminds the reader, they are opening a chest, a treasure of black and white brilliance each time they separate its spine.

Simply, some prefer the zoo. I prefer the aquarium.

http://www.literaturepage.com/read/mobydick.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPkvsw84tes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxjEvFHEYn4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BCTvYZIXEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=214cQIpcCIc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUz3fLncTTs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s241jOSESTY

Bonus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_t1g3AeYWs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sbINZv7KYE

For King Arthur:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71vFGpWKnQ8&feature=g-vrec&context=G2db5f6dRVAAAAAAAAAg

:)

William
04-24-2012, 07:15 AM
Gigantic great white shark caught off coast of Mexico
Fishermen in Mexico reeled in a gigantic Great White shark, that was nearly 20 feet long and weighed in at almost 2,000 pounds.

"A great white shark nearly 20 feet long and weighing 2,000 pounds was reportedly hooked by commercial fishermen in the Sea of Cortez in northwestern Mexico.

The massive catch, according to local reports by Milenio News, would be one of the longest great white sharks ever recorded if verified at a length 19.8 feet, or 6 meters...."

www.b101.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104673&article=10061001#ixzz1sxFTG8Dy

William
04-24-2012, 07:40 AM
"To produce a mighty book, you must choose a mighty theme. No great and enduring volume can ever be written on the flea, though many there be who have tried it."

What of the tale of Moby Squirrel? Shouldeth the tale be penned?

Gather round Paceline mates, and I'll tell ya a tale of the road faring rodent Moby Squirrel... Argh if there ever was such a scoundrel with furry tooth and fluffy tail, it was he...

We'd been out of port but a fortnight when the rough chip seal parted and the bushy leviathan emerged...

Never had we seen such a mammal so petulantly evil with his taunts, rubbing his nose at us and bounding with unpredictable zig and zags... as if we were no more than deep dish carbon tubulars with Mavic stickers to him!

Daring to get closer, I, Bloody William Flint drew me gleaming frame pump, and made war with the beast... but he was too quick for me, surely the road bike sea was his element...

Narry for I could swing a final lob, Moby Squirrel breached a final mocking chirp and was gone from site into the trees yonder with a Campy Shamal of one of my hapless road mates... My crew too shaken with this forestry fear begged to return home, and so we did much to my dismay...

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Albino-squirrel-squirrels-855819_640_480.jpg

From Hell's heart he jumpeth at thee wheel

:rolleyes:;)

William

Viper
04-24-2012, 08:06 AM
William,

I will send you this (below) for your fridge to place next to your kid's art work and the honey-do list. :) Cut the lawn!

(Viper)

William
04-24-2012, 08:11 AM
William,

I will send you this (below) for your fridge to place next to your kid's art work and the honey-do list. :) Cut the lawn!

(Viper)

It will hang proudly.:)

William