PDA

View Full Version : Velo (née VeloNews). Discuss.

Elefantino
03-01-2012, 07:05 AM
The publication thread sparked this.

What do you think of Velo mag? Do you still read it? Why/why not?

BumbleBeeDave
03-01-2012, 07:58 AM
. . . is still worth reading. Decent features. But that's the point. The mag is feature oriented. But there is the same bugaboo as with many other mags--when they have an extensive Campy factory tour it makes me wonder about the veracity of any Campy-related stories they run. The integrity wall between editorial and advertising has been breached at so many publications through corprorate ownership that you can never be sure . . .

The web site is what allegedly has the "breaking race news" and they are hurting badly there. CyclingNews.com regularly beats them hands down.

BBD

tele
03-01-2012, 08:00 AM
The web site is what allegedly has the "breaking race news" and they are hurting badly there. CyclingNews.com regularly beats them hands down.

BBD
seems CN has results etc... at least half a day faster, like real time. VN is like a delayed reaction.

oldpotatoe
03-01-2012, 08:03 AM
The publication thread sparked this.

What do you think of Velo mag? Do you still read it? Why/why not?

I do, have a subscription. The 'tech' articles I don't even read. This month's, about BMC, Contador, very interesting. Where I think their value lies. In the reporting, back room, insider type articles. Not tech stuff, not race results, not time critical enough for a monthly mag.

BTW-I know Neal really well, work on his bicycles all the time, very smart guy in a sometimes 'tough to sit in' big chair, with Competitor sitting on his lap.