PDA

View Full Version : When your ride is like a giant pig..

William
02-28-2012, 02:27 PM
It's a beautiful warm (for Feb) New England day and I was trying to get some riding in before tomorrow's forcast of slop. I was trying to time it just right so that I would be to our children's bus stop a little early to meet them. I was bombing trails not to far from our farm, weaving through and rocketing over the numerous rocks that the hallmark of NE trails....then I notice that the back end is starting to feel a little mushy. As I come to a stop I can hear the tell-tale hiss of a tire/tube that has taken one for the team. My suspicion was confirmed: Mr. Squirrel (and no I won't say Happy Birthday to you :butt: ) stabbed my tire with a giant thorn.

:crap:

Now I'm in high speed mode like a one-man Indy pit crew to get the tube changed out, pumped up, and rolling back on the trail to make sure I get back in time. I get it changed out and get back on my way, bomb a technical hill, race down single and double track, wheelie through a stream, finally hit the road, grind up the hill, and coast down the other side and pull up just as the bus arrives. As much as I think this was the work of the rodent, I still made it back in time, and had a fun ride. :p

William

PS: At one point I came out on the corner of this farm and thought I would get a shot of the giant pigs. The picture is deceiving because these guys are huge...I could easily ride these big boys atmo!! :banana:

Louis
02-28-2012, 02:30 PM
I could easily ride these big boys atmo!! :banana:

The "kinky" thread is across the hall. ;)

William
02-28-2012, 02:32 PM
The "kinky" thread is across the hall. ;)

I think we may have to merge this thread with the Cow belt thread. ;)

William

Joachim
02-28-2012, 02:39 PM
I could easily ride these big boys atmo!! :banana:

I will donate $50 to the forum if you post a video (Youtube) of you riding one of those pigs...:)

echelon_john
02-28-2012, 02:44 PM
We have a pig roast every summer. I hope to see them there...

William
02-28-2012, 02:52 PM
I will donate $50 to the forum if you post a video (Youtube) of you riding one of those pigs...:)

Ah, a schallange! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOGFXl3vtL4&feature=related

Done!! Now just hit that donate button while I admit to the forum that I'm really a fifteen year old girl.

Williamina ;)

AgilisMerlin
02-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Am I hearing a pig' roast at the Ramble

jr59
02-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Quit talking about me.

I know I'm fat! :p

RIHans
02-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Am I hearing a pig' roast at the Ramble

We could do this...

I'll need help. Can't do pig without all the fixings.

MattTuck
02-28-2012, 09:33 PM
I thought this post was going to be about a Hampsten frame.

William
02-28-2012, 09:41 PM
We could do this...

I'll need help. Can't do pig without all the fixings.

Hans, we'll have to get all Ninja like. :D

Matt, bring one to the Ramble. :banana:

William