PDA

View Full Version : Slovakia may name Cycling Bridge after Chuck Norris

Not the Slowest
02-27-2012, 05:52 PM
BRATISLAVA, Slovakia -- Fact: Chuck Norris will soon span the river dividing Slovakia and Austria in just one bound ... if the residents of Bratislava get their way.

Civic authorities in the capital of the former eastern Bloc nation have asked residents to come up with a name for a new cycle bridge which crosses the Morava river north of Bratislava over the border to the Austrian village of Schlosshof.

Top of the list so far is the all-action martial arts "Delta Force" star, whose name is a byword for heroic -- and sometimes downright unbelievable -- feats even in this quiet corner of Europe.

As of Friday morning, after a day of online polling, Chuck Norris had garnered well over a thousand votes, beating Austro-Hungarian empress Maria Theresa, with just over a hundred votes, into a humiliating second place.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/slovaks_rally_around_bridge_called_iIRIlt7WQuuOH2g NVT3OYO#ixzz1nd46nx7e

THIS IS WILD. Not only is this badass getting a bridge named after him but it's a Cycling bridge. In NYC some of the largest bridges do not even allow pedestrians or cycling. Verrazano, Throgs Neck, Whitestone and Tappan Zee
bridges.

I vote for the Hulk Hogan Cycling bridge.

gemship
02-28-2012, 07:47 AM
Just reading this post reminds me of a couple of very Polish things. Such as Polish jokes, I can see why people enjoy making fun of them : :D and a friend of mine who bleeds Slovakia and to draw a analogy is very much like a big girl or a moped, fun to be with but not seen. :p

goonster
02-28-2012, 09:16 AM
Surely it is not Slovakians who are voting for Chuck Norris.

Steven Colbert won an internet poll to have a bridge named after him . . . in Hungary. It ended up being named after somebody else.