PDA

View Full Version : yikes trikes

Fixed
02-27-2012, 09:48 AM
my brother-n-law came to visit with his wife mrs fixed 's sister
he was a lawyer but came down with Parkinson's had to retire.
he is 66 he can barley walk but he can ride a 3 wheeled bike around his lake home in wisconsin . it made me think about trikes, i might be needing one too in the future . any recommendations
i have been thinking about a low bb. fat tire road bike for myself
due to my balance problems from my head injury recommendations from my friends here gratefully accepted
cheers thanks :beer:

eddief
02-27-2012, 10:09 AM
i owned one of these from ICE. Way fun, way well put together, well respected in the bent world:

http://www.icetrikes.co/explore-our-trikes

ergott
02-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Steve Garro rides a trike for other reasons, but I bet he knows a thing or two about them in general and what makes a good one.

jr59
02-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Steve Garro rides a trike for other reasons, but I bet he knows a thing or two about them in general and what makes a good one.

You beat me to it.

My first call would be to Garo!

benb
02-27-2012, 10:52 AM
I would look on bentrider.. lots of trike people there.

bicycletricycle
02-27-2012, 11:01 AM
i have an upright tricycle, a bob jackson, it is awesome.

zmudshark
02-27-2012, 11:01 AM
I almost bought a Nobilette trike a couple years ago. If I had the room, I would have. The owner had it built for his wife who had MS, I think. It was very cool. Built like an English racing trike.

I figure someday I'll need one, too.

Fixed
02-27-2012, 11:02 AM
thanks something like this
thanks for the info
check the ice videos out professionally made i am sending my bro -n-law all the info on trikes
cheers

Earl Gray
02-27-2012, 11:06 AM

I'm sure he knows quite bit about them in general but I thought he rides an arm powered trike?

TMB
02-27-2012, 12:55 PM
http://www.tricycleassociation.org.uk/Trikes.html

Fixed
02-27-2012, 02:02 PM
cool thanks
cheers

TMB
02-27-2012, 02:29 PM
cool thanks
cheers

They are actually fairly common over there. I remember once seeing a photo of a Chas Roberts custom done out of 753 tubing.

I will see if I can find it.

Ken Robb
02-27-2012, 02:50 PM
I saw a lovely Longstaff trike once.
Maybe one of Rivendell's mixtes would be a good thing?

rpm
02-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Wow, this is timely for me, too. Two weeks ago I had sudden severe vertigo and wound up having something called a cavernous malformation removed from my cerebellum. My vision and balance have come back quite a bit but there are no guarantees that they'll come back all the way. I'm hopeful, but it's nice to know there are some decent alternatives to my bikes if it comes to that.

TMB
02-27-2012, 04:22 PM

http://www.longstaffcycles.com/Category/360-longstaff-trikes.aspx

chuckred
02-27-2012, 04:59 PM
I almost backed out into a guy but someone started yelling "there's a bike behind you!". I couldn't see a thing, and didn't know what they were talking about until I got out of the car to look, just as he rode by. If you go that route, I'd suggest one of those flag/whip antenna type deals...

Fixed
02-27-2012, 05:07 PM
thanks ken
cheers

palincss
02-27-2012, 05:10 PM
If you're going to get an English Racing Tricycle you really would do well to get a Longstaff. Two wheel drive is a huge plus if you live in a country where you drive on the right rather than the left side of the road. It's challenging enough riding trikes around corners without the additional complication of the torque from single-wheel drive acting to reinforce, rather than cancel out, the effect of the crown of the road.