PDA

View Full Version : Amendment to the PayPal User Agreement

ultraman6970
02-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Amendment to the PayPal User Agreement

Effective Date: April 1, 2012

Section 2.3 of the User Agreement (Identity Authentication) is being amended because we are making changes to our customer identification program as a result of changes in the law. Section 2.3 will now read:

2.3 Identity Authentication. You authorize PayPal, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider necessary to validate your identity. This may include asking you for further information, requiring you to provide your date of birth, a taxpayer identification number and other information that will allow us to reasonably identify you, requiring you to take steps to confirm ownership of your email address or financial instruments, ordering a credit report, or verifying your Information against third party databases or through other sources. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents at any time. If you use certain PayPal Services federal law requires that PayPal verify some of your Information. PayPal reserves the right to close, suspend, or limit access to your Account and/or the PayPal Services in the event we are unable to obtain or verify this Information.

ultraman6970
02-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Sure people that hasn't been verified will fall in this verification PITA thing. In my case even my ssn is in paypal so I hope I won't be caught on this.

nighthawk
02-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Discussed here:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=104886