PDA

View Full Version : sorry, been too busy riding - is there really an 8k frame coming out? really?

Kurt
08-19-2005, 08:00 PM
if so, is anyone really going to buy one of these? who?

Lifelover
08-19-2005, 08:25 PM
They are coming out with a $8000 frame AND fork. Word on the street is that the fork is driving the price. Super Bling. ;)

To summarize what you missed:

Almost everyone agrees that the price is crazy.

Some people care and some don't.

Some think Serotta will sell as many as they can make and some think it might be a fiscal bomb.

They will not be offering lugged steel anymore.

Teachers are great but since they knew what was ahead they should not complain so much.

France is the place to be if you are in academia.

Sandy seems to have fully recovered and still loves the Otrott. No Serotta lugged carbon in the near future.

Ben is a great guy.

BostonDrunk and Fly will be civil but I don't think they will ever really bond.

I think that about covers it.

Sandy
08-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Yes. Serotta is introducing the Meivici, a full carbon bike, including carbon lugs. The price for the limited edition frameset is $7,995.

Some posters think that Serotta will sell all it can produce. There is a very limited producton of custom carbon bikes. Time will tell as to how successful Serotta is in selling them. I think that the very large majority of the most enthusastic Serotta owners will have little interest. Serotta has its niche, and I assume that they have decided that the marketplace will accept the price and purchase them. Serotta seems to have done an excellent job in marketing the Ottrott. I hope that success continues with the Meivici.

There are several very popular threads on the Meivici.

Sandy

Sandy
08-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Very well done. You have a talent.

Talented Mr. Ripley from Ripley's Believe it or Not

Smiley
08-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Kurt , get in line for a drink of the Kool Aid , we all be drinking it once we see the photo's of the new frame . Yes it will sell and sell well cause it will out preform all Other Crabone frames .

dirtdigger88
08-19-2005, 08:58 PM
electric kool-aid! :cool:

Jason

Sandy
08-19-2005, 09:02 PM
I think, that based on Serotta's stellar reputation and the success of its Ottrott, the Meivici (I finally can rember the name) will sell reasonably well. It undoubtedly will be a superior bike, based upon that which Serotta has produced in the past and continues to produce. I think, however it is premature to say that it will outperform all other carbon frames. We haven't even seen one yet.

Meivici Mirman

Smiley
08-19-2005, 09:08 PM
what do you want to bet ( a tuna sandwich ) that the test pilots at Serotta have not logged may a mile on a Parlee or Calfee . I can bet that Ben is like a wine taster that has a memory to what things ride and feel like . They would have never come out with the MeiVici unless they thought it smoked the pants off the competition ( at least thats what they must think ) . What do I know I am and have always been in the tank for anything Serotta , drank the Kool Aid a long time ago . Can I get that carbon frame with a DKS bolted onto the rear end :banana:

Sandy
08-19-2005, 09:11 PM
No, but if you could, you would probably kicked in the rear end by your wife.

Extra Point Sandy

Dekonick
08-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Now that is something I would like to see...

(Not Smiley getting kicked in the butt but a DKS Ottrott or similar. Heck anything with DKS.)

RABikes2
08-19-2005, 10:22 PM
we see the photo's of the new frame .
I received a call from Bruce K this afternoon. He's got photos of the new "goods". But you'll just have to wait until he returns from the Sunflower Revolution. :D

Ginger
08-20-2005, 09:10 AM
Lifelover...you spend WAY too much time on the forum, but I think you've got it all down.

RA...the only question remaining is if Bruce is going to ditch his cyclocross order and put his pennies towards one of these instead?

Ti Designs
08-20-2005, 02:10 PM
sorry, been too busy riding

You're sorry about being too riding? You're out there lowering the cost/mile of your bike while the rest of the board sits at their computers arguing about the next bike - what's there to be sorry about??

Kurt
08-20-2005, 03:41 PM
You're sorry about being too riding? You're out there lowering the cost/mile of your bike while the rest of the board sits at their computers arguing about the next bike - what's there to be sorry about??

that's what I do, sorry for asking a ? that has probably been covered. I

RABikes2
08-20-2005, 11:54 PM
RA...the only question remaining is if Bruce is going to ditch his cyclocross order and put his pennies towards one of these instead?

I doubt it Ginger. He just got everything right on the cyclocross order and he's been wanting that baby for a long time. ;)