PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Gaerne cycling shoes?

MattTuck
02-25-2012, 08:58 PM
http://www.gaerne.com/

Anyone using this brand? Thoughts? recommendations?

Thanks.

benitosan1972
02-25-2012, 09:09 PM
I am. Love them. Gaerne, like Sidi started by making motorcycle boots? So they know shoes, leather, tough. I don't know what model I have, but it is feather light, super stiff, and very comfortable.

AgilisMerlin
02-25-2012, 09:10 PM
which model? Nos

i have mtb shoes nylon sole, which mimic sidi sizing.http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTu6pNEyqdszbp8L6kdue1IRD4aq3CyR vRK7lPidFE_NR-zRWdvHx847lo

RacerJRP
02-26-2012, 08:00 AM
I have a pair of their MTB shoes that I use for Cross season. They fit well, maybe just a touch on the roomy side IMO. Very comfortable shoes.

Bob Ross
02-26-2012, 02:26 PM
I'd never heard of this brand until last November when I was doing El Tour De Tucson, and Gaerne was one of the exhibitors at the pre-ride Expo. I found a pair of shoes that fit better, were more comfortable, and whose ratchets & straps were easier to "operate" than my current S-Works shoes

...for $150 less than I'd paid for the S-Works.

I bought 'em. Still haven't mounted cleats and used 'em, but am looking forward to it.

vqdriver
02-26-2012, 02:50 PM
i used a pair of their mtb shoes for years and years and i still keep em as a backup set. they fit my wide feet quite well, tho their newer models don't feel as generous in the toebox as my older style. if not for the decidedly dated look i may still be rocking these. materials show tons of use, but no signs of appreciable wear. these might actually last longer than i mtb.

Gummee
02-26-2012, 03:36 PM
I rode em in the past. VERY good shoes for the $$.

M

goboyle
02-26-2012, 07:08 PM
I have used Gaerne shoes for the last 4 years. Very good shoe. They are handmade in Italy in the same village where Sidi's are made Very comfortable and available with carbon fiber or reinforced nylon soles. I highly recommend them.

Clydesdale
02-26-2012, 08:16 PM
I have a pair of winter boots that are nice but a touch narrow and slightly shorter than my Sidis of the same size. Not sure if that is true of their other shoes.