PDA

View Full Version : Aliante to Romin help

NateM
02-24-2012, 08:17 PM
I use Aliantes on all my bikes and wanted to try a Romin to get a little more relief on prostrate. Has anyone done this with favorable results? I am currently using a Aliante Versus which helps some but isnt quite dialed in and may never be.Does the 143 Romin match the 142 Aliante or does the 153 version.Any difference between the Evo and Pro in shape or is it just in nose droop and width? Any help would be appreciated.If you have a Romin for sale let me know.Thanks,Nate Merrill

rnhood
02-24-2012, 08:38 PM
The Romin evo has a little more padding than the non-evo, though just a little. If you're riding Sugoi RS shorts then either saddle will do fine. You might not feel much difference. If you like shorts with the super thin chamois, then the evo might be the better choice since it provides just a little more padding.

The Romin will provide more perineal relief than the Aliante since it is not quite as shaped as the Aliante - though its still more shaped that the Toupe or other flatter racing type saddles.

The choice between 143 and 155 will boil down to preference mostly. I have had both, and prefer the 155. The 155 just seems to distribute your weight a little more uniform thus mitigating the intense sit-bone load. The rear wings on the Romin tend to roll downward and don't cut into the under thighs like one might at first think it would at 155mm. But the size will still be personal preference. The great thing about Specialized, is that you have 30 days to try it out.

rice rocket
02-25-2012, 01:46 AM
I rode the Aliante for a year before switching to a 130mm Romin. Get measured!

Climb01742
02-25-2012, 05:50 AM
the other thing to consider about a romin is the width of the nose. i really like the romin: the cut-out channel and the kick-up at the tail really help me (far more comfortable than my old aliantes) but i sure do wish the nose was skinnier. it rubs on the inside of my thighs; it's not a deal breaker but annoying. if the nose were skinnier, it would be a perfect saddle for me. as with all saddles, getting the right tilt angle on the romin is crucial. good luck!