PDA

View Full Version : Garmin FR 60 - HELP

wc1934
02-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Purchased a Garmin FR 60 heart rate monitor with foot pod and Ant (wireless synch to my computer) - the usb stick inserts into the usb port on my laptop and is supposed to pick up the info from the watch.
My problem is downloading the free software (drivers?) - I have an older mac powerbook g4 and thus I get a message stating I need 10.4 leopard or above

EDIT - I have os x version 10.411

Any suggestions, help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking in advance.

gavingould
02-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Hate to say it, but you'll need to upgrade. As far as I know, it imply will not run on an OS that old. 10.4 rolled out around 7 years ago, though you may be able to run 10.5 if your machine is up to it...

I'm not an early adopter/updater of OS versions either - I like to give 'em at least 6 months to solve the problems and figure out workarounds. Not sure what kind of stuff you do on the machine other than web/email, but I'd have to imagine it'd be painfully slow for most of what I use, or won't run lots of stuff.

wc1934
02-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Hate to say it, but you'll need to upgrade. As far as I know, it imply will not run on an OS that old. 10.4 rolled out around 7 years ago, though you may be able to run 10.5 if your machine is up to it...

I'm not an early adopter/updater of OS versions either - I like to give 'em at least 6 months to solve the problems and figure out workarounds. Not sure what kind of stuff you do on the machine other than web/email, but I'd have to imagine it'd be painfully slow for most of what I use, or won't run lots of stuff.

hey gavingould
i just edited my original post - found out my laptop is newer than i remembered - that said, i still get the error message and can't download the software - any suggestions?

TMB
02-24-2012, 08:38 PM
hey gavingould
i just edited my original post - found out my laptop is newer than i remembered - that said, i still get the error message and can't download the software - any suggestions?

upgrade to 10.5. you should be able to find it for about $10 or $20.

check your local CL.

gavingould
02-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Run the newest OS your machine can, that'll certainly give you the best chance. My wife has a fairly old macbook, but it's intel and running 10.6, she's got a Garmin FR60 as well... 10.5 may do the trick, but there must be some other conflict that won't let it run on your 10.4 system, or they're lying about that being high enough